2 Deckineers needed

Supply boat/lightering vessel needs 2 deckineers to work 30 and 30 in Long Beach California. Vessel is now in shipyard in Louisiana being refitted/painted. Will go to Galveston, Tx for a few days to load equipment, then on to Long Beach. Must be professional and willing to work on deck and maintain engine room. Must have experience. Good pay and benefits, but transportation NOT paid.
Contact Mike @ 718-727-7303 Ext 11 or 347 731 1526

Not the same vessel but similar.

Are you looking for engineers that will work on deck, or ABs that can do basic engine room stuff?

Wats the pay

More like Deckhands that can check and change oil and filters and move water and fuel around.

Boats a 145` bollinger mini supply. Under 100 tons, so no need for AB’s or a MMC. Just a TWIC. Guessing the $150-$180 range as that’s what most Unlicensed Engineers get in the gulf.

Number comes up as Millers Launch out of Staten Island.

180/day?!? Wipers make more allot more then that! No thanks

Thats terrible!! Why do guys work for so little? Its probably a 2 for 1 schedule too…

2/1 and 250 a day, no travel, called the guy yesterday

Because all you have to have is a TWIC, and there are thousands who would kill for a spot to start out. So why should they pay more? With the cost of living lower in the south I’m sure it works out to be the same as up north.

A wiper at least has to have a MMC.

It’s a stepping stone, the sea time is good for an AB, QMED, or Master’s but it’s up to the guy to take advantage of it.

It’s headed to New York, so may pay more, and if you read the add it’s 1 for 1.

Anyone in Long Beach, CA should jump on this. 250 a day for non-union and no credentials is very competitive. There’s 100ton masters running crewboats making 250 here. Like you say jem, this is a great stepping stone. I’ll recommend this to people I know.

$250 must have got posted while I was posting at the same time.

$250 a day for working deck with just a TWIC is amazing. That’s what my AB’s make.

Granted it’s the LA area of Cali, so after cost of living it’s the same as the $180 they make down south. If not less.

Good luck finding people for that piddly amount…and no travel on top. I live down south. Cost of living ain’t that cheap. I haven’t work for 250 since the mid 90’s.

Thats cheap no matter where u live… But theyll find someone to fill the spot… Some people just dont like being home… Terrible pay and terrible schedule…

[QUOTE=tugboat95;88619]Good luck finding people for that piddly amount…and no travel on top. I live down south. Cost of living ain’t that cheap. I haven’t work for 250 since the mid 90’s.[/QUOTE]

In the mid 90’s a deck hand/engineer on a crew or utility boat made about $55 a day & Captain around $125.

[QUOTE=tugboat95;88619]Good luck finding people for that piddly amount…and no travel on top. I live down south. Cost of living ain’t that cheap. I haven’t work for 250 since the mid 90’s.[/QUOTE]

The median income in Louisiana is about $40,000 about $40,000.00 a year (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_median_income). That means that some kind of way plenty of companies, not just boat companies, are getting more than half the state to work for that less than that piddly amout ($250 x 180 days = $45,000.00). Interesting to note isn’t it?

Some people on this site should probably get their head out of their asses regarding wages and wake up to wage reality in this country.

Additionally, when a man offers good work at any legal wage on this site, the naysayers should just continue to sip there coffee and move on to the next thread instead of bashing what will be a great opportunity for someone.

[QUOTE=PLM;88648]In the mid 90’s a deck hand/engineer on a crew or utility boat made about $55 a day & Captain around $125.[/QUOTE]
So are you saying you miss the pay from back then?