MMC application response time

How long after submitting an MMC application to the REC will it take to hear back from USCG?? Do they respond within a month a week a couple weeks?

Yes. This is an important topic. We need to shine as much daylight as possible on the NMCs inept bureaucratic bungling.

My last several times dealing with them they were lightening fast!

OP could have used the search button and found this thread.

In our case, it took 4 days from submission to receiving two emails (one for the ap, one for the medical) from the REC stating that they had received the application. About 5 hours later two more emails stating it had been sent to the NMC. This was an initial application for 100T.

I submitted a raise of grade application on 5/26 to the Toledo REC. On 5/29 I received an email saying it had been received by the REC and forwarded to the NMC. I did not receive any emails from the NMC on the rest of the application status updates. Today 6/15 I received my raise of grade stickers in the mail. Just over two weeks!

I applied for my original mmc with 100 ton, AB unlimited, radar observer unlimited, etc… On april 19th the nmc received my application. On June 29th they emailed me notice that my mmc was issued. So it me quite awhile for my original.

It’s important not to wait around for them to get back to you. There are set number of business days depending on season they give you for the various stages in the application process. I always mark those days on the calendar and then call incessantly until something happens (unless I see it go on to the next stage via email).