Enough with the Norwegian S***

indeed…1,000 rounds is bare minimum…don’t want to overload his senses

2 Likes

Oh, don’t worry about me, I have listened to that kind of things for years, some I couldn’t even repeat here, but I’m sure you have worked with the same type of Rednecks as me.

I still stick to my belief that it is better to live in a country where you feel no need to arm yourself, even with a knife for protection.
So far I have been lucky, living in peaceful and safe Singapore and Norway I have never had any need for a gun. May that last for the rest of my life.

Yes, or like this fellow, who are still living right here in the neighbourhood in Aalesund, Norway: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-22298739

The WORLD owe him a gratitude. If Hitler had got the Bomb, the world as we know it could have been MUCH different.

2 Likes

It’s good that you’re a prayerful man because if the sh*t goes down, that’s the only protection you’ll enjoy.

1 Like

Who bank rolls NATO?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s​ hilarious. Are you trolling or do you actually believe that crap?

1 Like

Have you got any indication to the contrary?? If so, shear your knowledge with DNV-GL and ABS, they have classed most, if not all the Drillships and MODUs built in the last few years.

On second thought; let USCG know, they would probably love to be proven wrong when they have approved these units for work in US waters. (OK, that last is “trolling”)

As MWS I have approved several of them for passage from Singapore to GoM, or Brazil, via Cape in the winter season. If you are right, that these ships and rigs are badly constructed and maybe unseaworthy, I’m guilty of negligence.

Anybody that serve, or have served, on Drillships or rigs built in Korea or Singapore that would like to add their opinion here??

[quote=“Hawespiper, post:47, topic:44935, full:true”]
It’s good that you’re a prayerful man because if the sh*t goes down, that’s the only protection you’ll enjoy. [/quote]
Oh yes, from my days in the South Pacific I have been a true believer in the “Cargo Cult”, which worships the President of USA, praying for him to bring “Cargo” and for protection every day. (Or at least I did until fairly recently)

Glad to see the forum is getting back to normal :popcorn:

You do to a large extent, which is per the North Atlantic Treaty of 1949.
The other member states are supposed to spend at least 2% of their GDP on defence, which is not the case for many members.
But nobody “owe” US any money as their NATO contribution. That is another Trump “alternative fact”:

In the ninetees I worked on container vessels built in Germany - Bremer Vulkan, Sietas, Warnow Werft - and I must admit that they were building cheaper and cheaper over the years. If looking alongside the outer hull you saw the frames coming through like a top models rib cage. End of the century owners and banks found the Korean yards more appropriate for their needs and almost all new and constantly growing containerships were built there. I personally attended that in Okpo, Koje-do.
The ships were much more stable and seaworthy than the German built vessels and all the best appliances like MAN engines, Boll & Kirch filters, Alfa Laval purifiers, Norcontrol software etc. were implemented. My latest vessel was CMA CGM VELA

built in Korea. Strong, trustworthy and fast. 95.000 hp. I spent my last three years on that vessel and I do not regret one day.

1 Like

OOPS, you dented somebody’s “pre-existing” perception here;
German good, Korean BAD. You will pay for this indiscretion.

1 Like

20 years in the biz - all of it offshore. Obviously you’ve been shore side support. Dealing with a turn key new build is interesting - once they leave the yard and the commissioning team get their bonus, little else is discussed about that particular vessel. You don’t see what goes on after. Congrats on throwing out some short sighted and superficial facts. 40 years in the business? I’m embarrassed for you - but to finally end this particular thread - sure ombugge - as per usual, you are right. Of course you are. Buenos Noches and good luck with that.

1 Like

A statue of Joachim Ronneberg has been placed centrally outside the City hall in Aalesund:

And a statue of me in my young days as a paper boy is situated in the main walking street in town:

Modesty made me show this from the back only.

Fitting as I’m sure that’s the view the old men of that fine city were most familiar with anyway.

(Sorry… Couldn’t resist…)

NAH! you’re not fooling me…this is the real statue of YOU waving the Norwegian flag which you seem to relish doing endlessly

I imagine it is hard going through life as a genuine troll but you don’t have to hide the real YOU…you needn’t worry, we already know.

1 Like

Well if Vlad decides he wants to annex your workers paradise maybe we won’t owe you a carrier battle group. I’m sure this bunch can take down the Ruskies.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39434655

1 Like

I must weigh in on Omugge’s side a bit. I’ve been on this forum for a long time and followed most threads. I have found his points well reasoned and thoughtful for the most part. His nationality is of no concern to me. I agree the US maritime industry has been left behind in the offshore oil business. One has only to look at subsea construction vessel development to see that.Where are the US flagged pipe lay vessels? Last I know of was developed by the now defunct Torch Offshore.
I think much of the criticism of Ombugge comes from a sense of “patriotism”. I am as patriotic as the the next guy but I also recognize we in the USA have fallen behind in the offshore oil business and are among the last among developed nations in caring for our own citizens in many areas compared to other nations. Examples are healthcare, infrastructure modernization and higher education affordability just to name a few things.
When faced with these realities many citizens of the USA resort to bragging about the USA’s military. The USA spends more on its military than all other developed countries combined, most of which are our allies [which may explain why we can’t spend money on our citizens]. I guess that’s something to be proud of if you are a defense contractor but I am not one.
Norwegian is a nationality as is USA. Nationality doesn’t define us as individuals though at times it may blind us.
However, as understanding as I am I can stand very little of that Norwegian pickled fish and cannot hold my breath long enough to eat durian.Both of which Ombugge can probably stomach.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, a rear commodity on this forum.
(OK, I admit I do deliberately provoke at times, but it is NOT TROLLING)

As for pickled fish, I assume you mean “Gravlax”? There is also the pickled herring, which is more of a Dutch speciality.
I assume you have not been introduced to “Rakørret”, another traditional specially. (Fermented Trout) All of which is fine with me, but the last only at X-mas.

PS> The Swedes have a specialty that stinks even more, “Sur Strømning”

“Oh Durian, oh Durian, you smell like hell, but taste like heaven”.
Yes I eat them, but out of season when I was in Singapore a couple of months earlier this year. I only had it once, imported from Thailand, I believe. An acquired taste for sure.

You finally got it!!

Slamat Malam to you to