Current wait times for MSC applications

I applied at MSC on February 2nd 2021, my application was forwarded on March 23rd and I still haven’t heard back from MSC. I applied for any entry level position but would prefer to go to the engine department. I was in the Navy for 5 years but have no seagoing experience. How long does it usually take to hear back from the hiring team at MSC, and is anybody else still waiting to hear back from them?

Don’t dick around waiting for the phone to ring; you’ll drive yourself to the looney bin. Find a hobby or a temporary job. The wheels of government turn slowly.

1 Like

I applied 2 months ago (Jan 28th) and I got my conditional offer on Thursday. I’m scheduled to go to Norfolk next month. They put me into fast track hiring process.

2 Likes

Did you have to do a phone interview? What sort of conversation did they have with you when they contacted you?

It all depends on what position you apply for. Entry level, they are over staffed. That will take forever. If it’s for a position with major shortage, it’ll go pretty fast. But still months.

From what I last heard, expect about 4-6 weeks from the date your application was forwarded before you’ll hear something back. You could always call the Civmar Support Center but they’ll likely just tell you to keep being patient. It took about 5 weeks for me to get my call back.

This guy came in with a desired talent and was patient. Bring your full resume interviewing with the “Talent Agent” at MSC. Glad ikemens is on his way with MSC. He did it the right way coming in “Green” but with dirty, experienced hands he could prove.

@plumbchris58
I had my phone interview and conditional offer on the same call. There was no separate interview. Maybe it’s because of my skillset and background in relationship to the role I applied for. It was a normal phone interview with basic fundamental questions.

1 Like