Write Trump Now

Probably millions as suing is the American way

[QUOTE=brjones;194828]Probably millions as suing is the American way[/QUOTE]

At 60/40 shear in favour of the Lawyers, after years in courts?
He didn’t have to sue anybody to get a fair treatment from the Norwegian Government as he had worked in Norway and paid his taxes.

Payment life without fighting deep pocketed insurance companies, or his employers. Utopia???
No, Norway, Scandinavia and most of Europe. But want to have such a “communist” system??

[QUOTE=seadog6608;194815]I don’t give a rat’s ass what a German province thinks. Nor do I give a rat’s ass what other countries think. We are the greatest nation this planet has ever seen. Despite our faults and blemishes, no one comes close. Fuck the world and fuck the UN.[/QUOTE]

You should give a rat’s ass, at least a little. We don’t live in a bubble. We were dancing the isolationist tango on 7 Dec 1941. Read a history book.

Trump is a clueless puppet, and many people are pulling the strings.

Flame away. I don’t give a fuck.

This place used to be fun and rollicking. It’s depressing now. I won’t be posting here again. Be safe, shipmates.

[QUOTE=catherder;194831]You should give a rat’s ass, at least a little. We don’t live in a bubble. We were dancing the isolationist tango on 7 Dec 1941. Read a history book.

This place used to be fun and rollicking. It’s depressing now. I won’t be posting here again. Be safe, shipmates.[/QUOTE]

“Damn you, Alferd. There were seven Dimmycrats in Hinsdale County and you ate five of them.” ~M. B. Gerry, Presiding Judge at the trail of Alfred G. Packer

[QUOTE=catherder;194831]This place used to be fun and rollicking. It’s depressing now. I won’t be posting here again. Be safe, shipmates.[/QUOTE]

I can not agree more that this place just ain’t what it used to be and how many fine shipmates no longer participate
I myself am down 75% in my posts per day.

I will say that the preponderance of Trumpsters and Norwegians has really dragged this forum into a dismal swamp.

Anyway Cat, I for one hope you do visit again…you’ll be missed here.

As opposed to your political rants?

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;194836]As opposed to your political rants?[/QUOTE]

and when was the last time you read one of those?

anyway, I am just sitting and waiting for the next terrorist act in the US which no doubt will be used politically to strengthen the hand of the party in power as it was done before. my side as before will not do a SINGLE DAMNED THING to hold those who allowed it to happen to account!

and of course, no one will then ever remember that NO MAJOR TERROR EVENT HAPPENED IN THE US DURING OBAMA’S 8 YEARS AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF

The Boston marathon bombing?

You have been quiet lately I will admit.

[QUOTE=catherder;194831]
I won’t be posting here again. Be safe, shipmates.[/QUOTE]

I hope you change your mind. You are well liked by many, at least stop in every so often.

Cheers,

DSD

[QUOTE=catherder;194831]You should give a rat’s ass, at least a little. We don’t live in a bubble. We were dancing the isolationist tango on 7 Dec 1941. Read a history book.

This place used to be fun and rollicking. It’s depressing now. I won’t be posting here again. Be safe, shipmates.[/QUOTE]

Please do reconsider leaving here, Ms. Catherder. A well-considered and levelheaded opinion like yours is needed now more than ever. I have always appreciated hearing your point of view.

A quick google search says that you have presented “alternative facts” and this is considered a “fake post”.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11410/complete-list-radical-islamic-terror-attacks-us-james-barrett

Little Rock, Arkansas, June 1, 2009. Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad shot and murdered one soldier, Army Pvt. William Andrew Long, and injured another, Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula, at a military recruiting station in Little Rock. Muhammad reportedly converted to Islam in college and was on the FBI’s radar after being arrested in Yemen–a hotbed of radical Islamic terrorism–for using a Somali passport, even though he was a U.S. citizen. In a note to an Arkansas judge, Muhammad claimed to be a member of al-Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula, the terror group’s Yemen chapter.

Fort Hood Texas, November 5, 2009. Major Nidal Malik Hasan shot up a military base in Fort Hood and murdered 14 people Hasan was in contact with al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack and shouted “Allahu Akbar!” as he fired upon the soldiers on the Fort Hood base. After being sentenced to death, Hasan requested to join ISIS while on death row. It took six years for Obama to acknowledge the shooting as a terror attack instead of “workplace violence.”

Boston, Massachusetts, April 15, 2013. Tamerlan and Dhozkar Tsarnaev set off two bombs at the 2013 Boston marathon, killing three and injuring over 260 people. The Tsarnaev brothers later shot and murdered Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier. The Tsarnaev brothers were self-radicalized through online jihadist propaganda and through a mosque with ties to al-Qaeda.

Queens, New York, October 23, 2014. Zale Thompson, another self-radicalized Muslim, injured two police officers with a hatchet before being shot dead by other cops. Thompson reportedly indoctrinated himself with ISIS, al-Qaeda and al-Shabab–a Somali jihadist terror group–websites and was a lone wolf attacker.

Brooklyn, New York, December 20, 2014. Ismaayil Brinsley shot and murdered two police officers execution-style and his Facebook page featured jihadist postings and had ties to a terror-linked mosque.

Garland, Texas, May 3, 2015. Two gunmen shot up the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, where a Mohammed cartoon contest was taking place, and were killed by a police officer. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, July 16, 2015. Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez shot and killed four Marines and a sailor at a military base in Chattanooga and was believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

San Bernardino, California, December 14, 2015. Two radical Islamists, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, shot and murdered 14 people and injured 22 others at an office

Orlando, Florida, June 12, 2016. Omar Mateen, 29, opened fire at a gay nightclub, killing 49 and injuring 53. The FBI investigated Mateen twice before his rampage, but did not take any substantive action. Officials believe Mateen was self-radicalized but he pledged fealty to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi before his death. “The real muslims will never accept the filthy ways of the west,” Mateen posted on his Facebook page after committing his heinous act at Pulse nightclub. “I pledge my alliance to (ISIS leader) abu bakr al Baghdadi…may Allah accept me,” he wrote.

St. Cloud, Minnesota, September 17, 2016. Dahir Ahmed Adan, a 20-year-old Somali refugee, began hacking at people with a steak knife at a Minnesota mall, injuring nine people before he was shot dead by off-duty police officer Jason Falconer. The FBI said numerous witnesses heard Adan yelling “Allahu akbar!” and “Islam! Islam!” during the rampage. He also asked potential victims if they were Muslims before inflicting wounds in their heads, necks, and chests. The FBI believe he had recently become self-radicalized.

New York City/New Jersey, September 17, 2016. Ahmad Khan Rahami, a 28-year-old naturalized citizen from Afghanistan, set off multiple bombs in New York and New Jersey. In Chelsea, his bomb resulted in the injury of over 30 people. Rahami wrote in his journal that he was connected to “terrorist leaders,” and appears to have been heavily influenced by Sheikh Anwar, Anwar al-Awlaki, Nidal Hassan, and Osama bin Laden. “I pray to the beautiful wise ALLAH, [d]o not take JIHAD away from me,” Rahami wrote. “You [USA Government] continue your [unintelligible] slaught[er]” against the holy warriors, "be it Afghanistan, Iraq, Sham [Syria], Palestine … "

Columbus, Ohio, November 28, 2016. Abdul Razak Ali Artan, an ISIS-inspired 20-year-old Somali refugee who had been granted permanent legal residence in 2014 after living in Pakistan for 7 years, attempted to run over his fellow Ohio State students on campus. After his car was stopped by a barrier, he got out of the vehicle and began hacking at people with a butcher knife before being shot dead by a campus police officer. He injured 11 people, one critically. ISIS took credit for the attack, describing Artan as their “soldier.” Just three minutes before his rampage, Artan posted a warning to America on Facebook that the “lone wolf attacks” will continue until America “give[s] peace to the Muslims.” He also praised deceased al-Qaeda cleric Anwar Al-Awlaki as a “hero.”

1 Like

Why is everybody so butt-hurt?? What do we do now…go to our safe spaces?? In the 39 years I sailed, it was with crews from all over the U.S. with diverse political views. We argued , poked and prodded. We still managed to work well together and negotiate good contracts. I guess I retired at the right time.

With the down-turn lately, I haven’t had any consulting jobs. Maybe I’ll dress up as a vagina and give lectures on human dignity!

two punk Boston kids making and using pressure cooker bombs is hardly a gang of adult Saudi Arabians turning four airliners into the equivalent Kamikaze missiles (at least not in my mind…maybe yours perhaps?)

You have been quiet lately I will admit.

nice to be noticed for my restraint…I just hope that is not why Miss Cat wanted to give up on the forum here

Not one which comes within shouting distance of 9/11 which happened on President George W. Bush’s watch and for which he had clear and present warning was coming

so the question to ask today is what will President Donald J. Trump know and when will he know it?

This forum is a reflection of what is going on in our society following a series of increasingly inept and cynical administrations and it doesn’t bode well.
In a mind boggling twist of logic, Free Speech activists are burning and looting private property to prevent free speech they don’t agree with, and assaults and rioting based on false narratives are rising on the ashes of what once was intelligent dialogue and compromise.
The country that used to be the envy of the world is disintegrating into a third world parody of itself while foreigners watch from the sidelines, some of them cheering at our misfortune.
If we don’t manage to change our course, it’s not hard to imagine a descent into civil war between political extremists and ultimately a police state with martial law.

Today’s GCaptain newsletter carries a Bloomberg article that put a few thing in perspective: If Trump Hits China, Regional Demand Would Soften Blow in Asia

Here is abstracts from that article:

But Asia boasts a fast-growing middle class now numbering in the hundreds of millions, meaning China and other regional exporters rely less on U.S. consumers, and Trump may not have the leverage his predecessors enjoyed in decades past.

Yes, the Asian middle class is now big and growing. Only in China there are approx. 3-400 mill. that is now counted in this category. In all of Asia, incl. India and the Middle East, the number of people with bigger buying power than the average American consumer is wast and growing fast. In US the middle class is stagnant, if not falling in buying power.

“It’s something that the team in Washington doesn’t understand,” she said. “They still see the U.S. as having the same levers of control in the 1980s.”

Therein lays the problem. Too many Americans (and Europeans) doesn’t get it; China is no longer a laggard that ONLY produce cheap copies of western products. They are now producing more and more quality products of homegrown design and for the local markets.

While the Americans and Europeans live on past glory, Asia is surging ahead and is due to overtake their former Masters on all fronts. Singapore is already the fourth richest country in the world, (counted in GDP per capita PPP) far above USA and ALL European countries, except Luxembourg: https://knoema.com/atlas/ranks/GDP-per-capita-PPP-based
According to the World Bank, China is already ahead of USA as the largest economy in the world: http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/GDP-PPP-based-table

China has a home market of 1.3 Bill. people and India will be the same soon.
ASEAN is a soon-to-be unified market of 800 Mill. people.
They are not going to “roll over and play dead” just because a bully in the White House tell them to.

I’m sorry if you think that pointing this out is Anti-American, it is NOT. It is only facts (not alternative, or fake) and pure realism.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;194847]If we don’t manage to change our course, it’s not hard to imagine a descent into civil war between political extremists and ultimately a police state with martial law.[/QUOTE]

haw…liberals are wimps and won’t fight to the death. they also don’t have nearly the number of guns

[QUOTE=c.captain;194853]haw…liberals are wimps and won’t fight to the death. they also don’t have nearly the number of guns[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t be so sure. The thugs setting fires all dressed in black with their helmets and ski masks don’t look like wimpy liberal college students. They look like pros.
As for the number of guns, all it would take is for somebody like Soros or foreign interests to finance as many container loads of AK-47’s as you could wish for.
Does the SLA robbing banks with automatic rifles for the cause in the 60’s ring any bells?

if you look closer…you will see that those “thugs” are in fact black UN helicopters which have transformed into human shape

As for the number of guns, all it would take is for somebody like Soros or foreign interests to finance as many container loads of AK-47’s as you could wish for.

ah yes, that greatest of all subterranean fiends George Soros! The man who will singlehandedly implement the New World Order upon the planet except for all the extremely well armed patriots who will defend the homeland from his UN soldiers!

can’t you come up with something more sinister that this?

Does the SLA robbing banks with automatic rifles for the cause in the 60’s ring any bells?

the SLA was the 70’s. Do your research next time

such amateurs

Okay, America First, the Dutch can live with that but I hope y’all can agree on ze Netherlands Second because it is not huge but great and absolutely fantastic, it’s true. Don’t pay any attention to other European countries, Germany to begin with, claiming that same privileged position because they are all fake, total losers. The proof of this claim can be found here:

[video]https://youtu.be/ELD2AwFN9Nc[/video]

The WH leaks like an old rust bucket: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/02/the-leaks-coming-out-of-the-trump-white-house-right-now-are-totally-bananas/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw16&wpmm=1

How long before the old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDA4lcw8k1g will be reverbeating through the White House??