Transatlantic lines (TAL) current situation

Thanks for your reply. I am not an expert either on ship prices but I would not think anyone would pay $2.5 million for a ship in that shape.

Didn’t we hear that MEBA organized this ship? Is that True?

MEBA won a vote to represent the officers but as far as I know they’re still in negotiations, if they’ve even started them yet.

If that’s the case, MEBA should be working to get the crew paid.

TAL will just blame MEBA for killing them.

Geysir is due into Jacksonville in a couple of days, for whatever that is worth.

she ain’t worth much…I can tell you that

Get detained there too? Lol. I hope that company goes and a good company takes over! Is the Norfolk-Azores run over or is another company on it?

She has always been a POS even when new as the Rainbow Hope. Breakdowns were always happening.

Reeled in a couple of more fish today.
Two new QMED’s reported onboard.
Tomorrow is payday.
Fingers crossed.

Wow, people really need to Google the company before going to work there.

No payday.
Instead, a pleasant surprise visit from two members of the Department of Labor.
They collected statements from all crew members who were willing to talk to them.
I don’t believe anyone declined with the possible exception of one of the two new crew members which is understandable.

1 Like

I said that to myself afterwards of course
But in all fairness, would you ever think to ask a company if they were actually paying their employees?
You take it for granted, right?
And why wouldn’t you?
I wouldn’t think of hiring a mason or a carpenter to do work only to tell them after the fact that I couldn’t pay them…

2 Likes

going to sea again? get the US Marshall to arrest the ship and it won’t be able to sail before wages are paid.

I would also certainly love it if someone would set fire to that miserable pipsqueak in Greenwich…he is a little piece of shit who never did a single thing which ever showed any respect for the men and women who operated his vessels. He is contemptuous of mariners and needs to be expunged from our industry

Is he still an alien?

It is disgusting that the government will spend time and resources to arrest and deport some guy who mows the lawns of lazy rich people but allows scum like that to get rich off government contracts while screwing American mariners.

I’d love to see agents of the Orange Sphincter break down his door and send his sorry ass back to Iceland.

2 Likes

I came back to this thread hoping to see a different answer, but at least somebody from labor did arrive.

MEBA never went to the ship, the office was mistreating the crew so bad that the crew called MEBA.

MEBA represents all the licensed officers.

If MEBA represents the officers, then it should have done something weeks ago. What good is a so-called “union” that can’t even help the guys it “represents” to collect their paychecks?

MEBA should be really ashamed of itself.

4 Likes

I get the impression that no one bothered contact the union about it since they claimed to not know. They sent me the contact information for the law firm they use though so if anyone from the Transatlantic wants a lawyer let me know.

Someone from the MEBA union hall in LA/LB should go visit the ship and talk to their boys.