Ten thousand pound lost anchor retrieval methods at 600 ft

I once heard a story about a boat that lost its anchor, I don’t remember the reason why. A year later they were anchoring in the same area when their anchor snagged on the bottom. When they were finally able to free it and get it to the surface, their previous anchor was attached to it.

I also worked with another Capt that decided he wanted to paint our anchor while we were tied up at Leeville . So he had the deck hand lower it down into the little pram we kept onboard. While rowing it to the stern a shrimp boat went by and swamped the boat sending the anchor to the bottom. He dragged that grapple for hours but finally caught it and was able to get it back in place before the office found out. After that he no longer saw a need to paint it.

When I was out sailing on the lakes last month the wheelsman was telling me about this deep sea watchman they had. When they were headed into port the Mate had him clear the anchors, he went up removed the devils claw, pulled up the riding pawl and thought he would make sure it was free by trying to drop it a little. He said he did this deep sea, well the anchor took off got out of control and the anchor and all 5 shots went right to the bottom and ripped a big huge hole in the bulkhead were the pad eye was. They ended up pulling the stern anchor off and putting that up forward until the other was retrieved.

[QUOTE=c.captain;114255]Well as I’ve said before let’s see if we ever hear anything back but I don’t believe we will.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so either. I doubt he even gets started, just considering the cost.

Drag that then pull that. I’ve actually caught and anchor like that once so it can be done. we made several passes at different angles and there you go no rov. i also hooked a female connector onto a pile stim in 6000 ’ plus water without help of rov. I bought a lottery ticket but didn’t hit. what the hell just drag.

I am thinking the original poster was part of this outfit … wonder if he ever got his anchor back?
Key investors lose faith in Gorham treasure hunter’s big claims

That guy is a goddamn bozo. Look up the shenanigans when they tried to go to Haiti. Good cause, but idiots at the helm.

[QUOTE=z-drive;127671]That guy is a goddamn bozo. Look up the shenanigans when they tried to go to Haiti. Good cause, but idiots at the helm.[/QUOTE]

this phucking clown looks like Paul Watson

Don’t walk…RUN TO THE EXITS folks!

Yeah I remember the Haiti thing. Something to do with the guy hired as captain didn’t have a big enough license … Among other issues.

Yes! Twenty foot containers TIED down! No agent! No clearance to sail foreign! Lol-z

I see his operation tied up in Boston from time to time… Really never underway as far as i can tell. His “ROV” looked like something out of 70s sci-fi!

The only time I have seen them move is when they got kicked off a dock