Storm Avoidance - Crew calling the DPA

Here you go fool. One last response. This was a reply to you on 9.11.22.

What do you not understand about the following words…………

“ATTEMPTING TO APPLY THIS DOCTRINE TO THE MARITIME FIELD WAS ALWAYS BOUND FOR FAILURE. WE ALL KNOW THAT”

That is your opinion. And this is why you will never lead any meaningful change in this industry. You are low info. You prefer to attack other that refuse to accept the status quo instead of brainstorm better ways to improve the system.

Shipping isn’t special. Medicine isn’t special. Driving busses isn’t special. Cooking food isn’t special. Going to the moon isn’t special. All benefit from order, processes, procedures, and smart people finding ways to improve things. But keep on being you and “muh marine environment be super special!”

Instead, the reason marine world is backwards is because companies are A) too cheap to improve and B) full of closed minded underpaid dumb individuals in the office to provide real leadership to make improvements. What they should do is hire some retired chief pilots from the airlines that owned the procedure making process and pick their brains to improve their maritime operations.

Elon Musk bought twitter and immediately laid of 50%+ of the staff. All the naysayers (you) said “OMG, company will crash”. Still hasn’t crashed, and now does the task better with half the staff. If Musk bought a few shipping companies, I’m sure you’d say he’d fail and couldn’t improve anything because apples to kanagaroos.

No, this is low information.

“ WHOA, backup the horse. This brah goes ahead and puts me on ignore because I make the claim that BRM/ERM is bogus and not used and hasn’t changed anything. And then tells stories proving exactly my point.”

Exactly what have you done in the Engineroom to improve human factors?How many communications have you had with shoreside management regarding the failure of BRM/ERM? How many BRM/ERM courses have you attended? If you have not attended any courses, why have you not insisted upon it?

Or are you just as complicit as the rest of us?

You make big claims about the great success of CRM and the efficacy of aviation processes. Unfortunately, planes continue to crash and people continue to die owing to human factors. Aviation companies are now putting a toe in the water and discussing the prospect of going down to a single Pilot which implies that the technology is pretty impressive. Would not have made any difference in the case of the Germanwings disaster with 150 souls gone. One maniac behind the sticks is all you need. Nor in the case of MA Flight 370 with 227 souls lost which we are still looking for.

Read this and educate yourself.

And for the record, you started the attack ……not me.

1 Like

Well it was a nice thread while it lasted

Suddenly more entertaining. Just hope facts and not personal attacks prevail.

My apologies for my lack of temperance ladies/gentlemen. I have said as much as I need to on this thread topic.

A post was split to a new topic: Foundations of Bridge Resource Management