StarPilot-89 Navigation Calculator

Anyone have a StarPilot-89 Navigation Calculator they want to sell or know of one available? I am a cheap bastard and don’t want to pay the full price for a new one…

Have you looked into buying a refurbished TI89 Titanium on ebay and purchasing the software separately?

Hi Steve, have you thought about just putting an app on your phone? There are numerous apps that all but fill in the logbook for you. I’ve got one that I take outside when I shoot azimuths for the compass log. All I do is hold the phone in the general direction of the body, select it from the appropriate constellation and bam, completed calculated values. All I have to do is compare real time.

[QUOTE=dgillum214;84890]Hi Steve, have you thought about just putting an app on your phone? There are numerous apps that all but fill in the logbook for you. I’ve got one that I take outside when I shoot azimuths for the compass log. All I do is hold the phone in the general direction of the body, select it from the appropriate constellation and bam, completed calculated values. All I have to do is compare real time.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for that info, I have Sky View on my phone and it works great. It’s an amazing app. I also have the Celesticomp V but am just looking for a new toy. I think the Almanac on my Celesticomp is outdated because I getting some weird times on Sunset and Sunrise, Moonset and Moonrise. When I come back on board at the end of my time off I will bring my sextant to see how it does with star fixes and sunlines, then I’ll know for sure if the chip has expired. Cheers…Steve.