So me thinks we be headed to action in Syria soon

[QUOTE=Lone_Star;119554]Hmmm… Yeah Mr. President, lets risk WW3 to support some terrorists.[/QUOTE]

better yet Mr. President, cave into Russian and Iranian threats…that has always made the US come out NUMBER ONE!

He kind of screwed the pooch on this one. He will look weak if he does nothing, and be a fool if he does. What happened to “talk softly and carry a big stick”?

[QUOTE=“c.captain;119511”]

MY GOD, how much I want to reignite this conflict now

&

No, not posting the text this time…the headlines alone are all that is needed. We be aheaded to a fight me lads…this is goin ta get ugly I fear! Ain’t no way, no how those sidewinding hornswaglin kracker kroackers are gonna ruin the USA & Israel’s bishen kutter![/QUOTE]

Ok, this is not directed at any particular post but it applies to EVERYTHING posted on this thread and summed up nicely above:

“I’m only sorry our children weren’t here today . . .” No seriously, at least we are free to debate and read opinions from others.

Best movie-EVER!

The biggest mistake we’re making right now is thinking that we can support one side to damn another. Both sides hate us, and the only people they want dead as much as their opposition is the United States. Never mind “talk softly and carry a big stick,” it’s time to return to an older and even more trusty American adage: “kill 'em all, let the paramedics and god sort 'em out.”

//youtu.be/t9qtuj8zDWM

the last time we had a decisive victory, we leveled two spots and gained a friend. Japan.

[QUOTE=seacomber;119629]the last time we had a decisive victory, we leveled two spots and gained a friend. Japan.[/QUOTE]

Invasion of Grenada - 1983

[QUOTE=seacomber;119629]the last time we had a decisive victory, we leveled two spots and gained a friend. Japan.[/QUOTE]

What a cretin you are SIR!..how on earth can any person advocate the use of nuclear weapons that kill every human whether they have any guilt or are completely blameless and all other life indiscriminately? A ultimate TERROR weapon!

Thank GOD and the sanity if wise and thoughtful men that they have never been used since and I pray they never are used again!

WHAT YOU SAID IS NOT FUNNY AND I RESENT YOU MAKING A JOKE OF IT!

[QUOTE=c.captain;119646]What a cretin you are SIR!..how on earth can any person advocate the use of nuclear weapons that kill every human whether they have any guilt or are completely blameless and all other life indiscriminately? A ultimate TERROR weapon!

Thank GOD and the sanity if wise and thoughtful men that they have never been used since and I pray they never are used again!

WHAT YOU SAID IS NOT FUNNY AND I RESENT YOU MAKING A JOKE OF IT![/QUOTE]

You ARE on meds. So easy to get you all steamed up, the sad part is…you did it yourself…by mis interpreting what i said. I didn’t make any joke, i just made a statement about how we won a war. I don’t give a damn about your resenting what i SAID, you can feel any damn way you want about it.

As the resident asshole here, self proclaimed i might add, I wonder why it is that you feel no one elses opinion matters but your own. Trolling the forum and attacking just about everything you don’t agree with will get you no respect. Something i think you yearn for. BUT respect has to be given FIRST before it is received. . As it looks now, you just love to hear yourself, and almost plead for others to see everything your way. So be it, this isn’t the first time you have heard this, but maybe it will sink in Because you do not hear anything but what you want to hear do yourself and me a favor and take a break, go out on the boat and do something you might still be good at. Oh and don’t misinterpret the bouys.

I like the don’t misinterpret the buoys!

After Obama lost international support he then turned as a last resort to congress. Now it seems there is a chance they too will tell him to pack sand. His move of including congress is very smart however: If he gets approval they hold the responsibility, if they say no he can then say he tried but congress ( those nasty republicans ) didn’t allow him to. Yes, he has a mess and one that he made all by himself. Now he’s even back peddling on the " red line" comment.

At this point it makes sense to drop the whole idea of any strike on Syria. We have too much else on our plate to justify a skirmish that could turn into WWIII.
The president needs to eat it on this one but be ready to roll if Iran or N Korea threaten us or our allies with nuclear weapons.

Russia and China are sending warships to Syria - and not to support a US initiative.

The rest of the world except Israel is against US action. Heck, even the Pope is against it.

Further instability in the Middle East will only make thing worse for a struggling global economy.

I say Obama should give his address to the country and explain how disappointed he is about world opinion, file a protest with the UN and leave it at that.

The BEST thing the President can do at this point is find a face saving way out.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/09/09/doubts-linger-over-syria-gas-attack-responsibility.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

We jumped to conclusions so quickly over something of the utmost seriousness. It is embarrassing and frightening that our POTUS can try to push for action with the limited evidence when there is a decent chance we may be attacking the wrong person and supporting perpetrators.

Not to mention that these perpetrators are Al-Qaeda terrorist.

[QUOTE=Lone_Star;119832]http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/09/09/doubts-linger-over-syria-gas-attack-responsibility.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

We jumped to conclusions so quickly over something of the utmost seriousness. It is embarrassing and frightening that our POTUS can try to push for action with the limited evidence when there is a decent chance we may be attacking the wrong person and supporting perpetrators.

Not to mention that these perpetrators are Al-Qaeda terrorist.[/QUOTE]

The many detractors of aiding the Syrian rebels all have their hearts in the right places but they’re still wrong. So is the President. Both sides hate us. Both sides are morally reprehensible. So again, for the good of national security, global security, Israeli security, and really for the good of the Syrian people themselves, whichever side they’re on, I say: turn the place into a parking lot and leave it up to god who, if any, were the good guys and who, if not all of them, where the bad guys.

[QUOTE=Lone_Star;119832]http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/09/09/doubts-linger-over-syria-gas-attack-responsibility.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

Not to mention that these perpetrators are al-Qaeda terrorist.[/QUOTE]

This is where I struggle. We are not Al-Qaeda’s Air Force and an attack would help our Enemy and piss off our friends.

(Unless…there is some back office deal with al-Qaeda that if we help them out this one time, they will back off attacking our interests for a while.)

Why must the onus be on us to turn the place into a parking lot?
The shit is hitting the fan and our community organizer in chief is out if his league.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;119837]Why must the onus be on us to turn the place into a parking lot?
The shit is hitting the fan and our community organizer in chief is out if his league.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying we have to break out the paving machine, I’m just saying if anyone is going to do anything that ought to be what’s done. Whether that task falls to us or not is another story. Personally I think if we had minded our own business a few extra times than we had in history there might not be so many people trying to kill us at this moment. Let’s face it someone will be out to screw us no matter what we do or don’t do.

1 Like

[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2013/09/15/pkg-watson-al-qaeda-in-n-syria.cnn.html[/video]

Our POTUS has been supplying these guys with weapons for some time now.

Deja Vu