Skyway

[QUOTE=c.captain;149062]…out of HUBRIS and a sense of being a typical ship’s pilot…ie. INFALLIBLE! [/QUOTE]

I do not believe this is a fair statement about pilots. Blanket statements and all that, right c.captain?
Lot of us came up docking ships with single screw junk. We expected the worst and knew a big f’up was around every corner. Never, have I ever thought I was infallible. For that matter, most of the pilots that trained me never felt that way either. Perhaps there is a beef with the State associations, I get that.
Second guessing Lerro or Cota’s decision making abilities is warranted, I agree. I’d like to think when the shit hits the fan, I will react without making serious blunders.
For the record, it is my opinion Cota deserved a harsher penalty and I am not a full time pilot.
As the old guys said frequently, “you’re only as good as your last job”.

[QUOTE=Mullet Farm;149063]“He should still be rotting in prison today” Lerro’s dead asshole.[/QUOTE]

congratulations…you win today’s Special Award for idiocy

personalized license plates for your ride…being from NY, you know they’ll get you to the front of the line everywhere!

[QUOTE=lm1883;149067]Below is the link to the Marine Accident Report. Interested parties and read it and come up with their own conclusions. IMHO he did the best with what he could. A freak rain squall can happen to anyone, and there is no sense in kicking a deal guy in the nuts over an accident that happened 34 years ago.[/QUOTE]

seriously a THREE FUCKING PAGE REPORT typed on toilet paper? This really explains EVERYTHING and conclusively EXONERATES Lerro?

If I wasn’t so sad at the loss of innocent lives now more than three decades ago, my beer would be pouring through my nose right now

Robert Shaw stalls the engines and gets eaten alive.

[QUOTE=Mullet Farm;149089]Robert Shaw stalls the engines and gets eaten alive.[/QUOTE]

only in film…John Lerro allides his ship with a bridge and kills 35 not in a film but in reality…

how can you continue to defend him or are you just taking a position counter to me out of spite?

when human made machines are involved there in never a pure Act of God which no single person could possibly prevent or at least make the resulting loss less if sound judgement is exercised in a timely manner…human minds control these machines, not the Hand of God!