Ship breaking

It’s not cheese doodles it’s Kraft Dinner!

[ATTACH]4533[/ATTACH]…

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;192150]No mention of the previous owner being liable. The YARD FOREMAN was arrested though. Ya think maybe HE was the one cutting corners (no pun intended)?
I think you can get a basic gas sniffer for about the same price as a torch kit, no?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think he was the yard foreman. It kinda sounds like this Ghafoor guy hired someone to be the foreman for this specific demo. The foremen then hired 300 people to come start cutting. I didn’t find any information on whether or not any of the people involved had any expertise or experiance.

[QUOTE=KPChief;192154]
You see how big and complex a solution could be? How it would involve international players and governments? How there would be bureaucratic costs and inefficiencies built in to it? Seems a big mess to me. Then again the first step is to admit you have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Its a complex problem, for sure. But V Ships claims that they’ve got it all solved allready. They’ll sell you the solution, turn-key. They’re experts. They know how to do it, and do it so well that they claim to exceed the standards of treaties that haven’t even been ratified yet. You assume that the breakdown was: they must have just cheaped out. But we wont know what happened until it is investigated.

In a perfect world, maybe Kennebec Captain’s suggestion of a refundable deposit would do the trick. In reality, third world workers are as disposable as Bic lighters and corruption rules the day.
That’s why we need to protect the Jones Act. (See Australia)
As a recent poetically minded Noble Prize winner once said, money doesn’t talk, it swears.