Seattle area entry level jobs?

I contacted one of them for a wiper job before I went to school and they were trying but the economy had just tanked and licensed guys were sitting on the beach. So no luck, but wasn’t his fault there were no jobs.

By the way what is your status now? Have all your documents, bst scheduled, etc???

You could also try Stabbert Marine in Ballard. I hear that they are always looking for guys.

Where about in Oregon are you located?

As mentioned before, the fed agencies will require a dental exam but your teeth don’t have to be perfect or even all there…

[QUOTE=oregonblitzkrieg;118443]Thanks for the info. I wonder if they offer this service to entry level non-experienced people or just to people of licensed rank?[/QUOTE]

Ask them, I posted the numbers. We were thrown overboard as kids in freezing water in Alaska. That is how they taught usto swim. You need to jump in and get wet. Like everyone else.

This guy sounds like he’s suffering from paralysis from analysis. Or what I like to call decision constipation. Whether right or wrong, make a decision!

I agree with that, waiting for someone to shove him off the pier. Hopefully he will land on a boat, cause right now he’ll drown.

I’d love to watch him think about hitting the manual bottom while the DP system followed the reflective tape of someone’s jumpsuit into the rig.

I would too. But from afar.

Couple people here with that problem. Months of questions, still no action!

[QUOTE=catherder;118544]Couple people here with that problem. Months of questions, still no action![/QUOTE]

A career change isn’t something to take lightly.

Oh, I probably know this better than most, kiddo. I’ve had a few major career changes. I am referring to people who post here with the same inane questions yet do nothing proactive themselves.

[QUOTE=seacomber;118395]Anyone looking for something in the Seattle area should contact Bob Walton Sr. of Maritime Recruiters (206-232-6041), he has been in the business the longest. [/QUOTE]

Bob Walton died last year. http://www.cascadememorial.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/860574/obit/Robert-N-Walton.

[QUOTE=PeterPenguin;137272]Bob Walton died last year. http://www.cascadememorial.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/860574/obit/Robert-N-Walton.[/QUOTE]

I did hear that last year. But didn’t I also hear that someone took over Maritime Recruiters?

Is Maritime Recruiters still in business? If so, who is running it?

His wife contacted me a few months ago about a job.

Three words: Ride the Ducks. Rainbow afro wig and noise pollution. Good way to build up the sea days and have fun at the same time!

[QUOTE=Quimby;137335]Three words: Ride the Ducks. Rainbow afro wig and noise pollution. Good way to build up the sea days and have fun at the same time![/QUOTE]
They are paying most of my friend’s expenses to get papers, twic, CDL, etc. so he can work for them. If you are gregarious you can do pretty well on tips.

I was down by the waterfront yesterday for the boat show and noticed the first few batches of tourists are coming in…I’m sure ride the sucks will hire. Gotta have a pink clown wig on when you drive that thing though!