Restaurant sinking

any ideas on the sinking of the restaurant. is anyone familiar with it
is this a wood barge?

does look like any preparations were done on the main deck level to make it water tight. I dont see plywood over the lower doors and windows

Existing thread:

Under tow out from Aberdeen Harbour, Hong Kong:

Jumbo Floating was steel. Photo under tow showed questionable readiness for sea. Low freeboard open construction. Did they think water shipped would roll out ?

Boats3

The secret destination was alongside in Atlantis

1 Like

that was my observation the main deck at the least should have been sealed as well as all tanks and voids and a couple of 6 inch pumps put aboard with a riding crew

Bruce Cibley
Marine Surveyor C.M.S. R.T.
Cell: 510 919 7554

I was not there and do not know what preparations were done to satisfy the MWS, if one was engaged.

It is the beginning of the SW monsoon season in the South China Sea, but the northern reach of the monsoon front had not got as far as the Paracel Island at the time of sinking AFAIK.

PS> Heavy squalls are common in the transition period between the two monsoons though.

Thanks for the info. Guess they thought it was going to be like a lake.
I’m used to the west coast of the US. And Hawaii Pretty rough weather all year round I just moved to the east coast can’t believe they tow on wire bridals and soft line going coastal
I used to seeing stud link chain bridals and wire rope

For completeness’ sake. There already was a topic about the sinking of the Jumbo restaurant.

I guess that the barge mate wasn’t on $600 a day.
Also, what the hell is ‘Jewish Lightning’?
Or was that Lightering?

First/time I had dinner on the Floating Jumbo all I could think about was the fire in”Noble House” kept looking for escape routes. Later thought capsizing & Sinking bigger risk. Turns out that’s what got her.

Boats 3

I had to google it. It a slang term for arsen of your own property

For the insurance money

Like Melvin the torch
He constructs vacant lots

Pre-virus went for a river lunch in Paris and she said ‘Where are the lifejackets and emergency exits?’.
I said, ‘Enjoy your lunch, it’s expensive’.
Bit of a worry though, in this day and age.

Ok, I’m just catching up with the racist insurance stuff; who or what is Melvin?
I’m not completely uneducated but sometimes it just all a bit off gangly.

Melvin was a Mafia arsenist
I had a roommate in college who’s farther was a made guy

I was raised in Boston

Was that Boston Massachusetts or Boston Lincolnshire?

Mass