R/V Seaprobe sinking?

My information shows that she was built at Burton Shipyard in 1974 as the BARENTS SEAHORSE, IMO No. 7366441. . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;95537]My information shows that she was built at Burton Shipyard in 1974 as the BARENTS SEAHORSE, IMO No. 7366441. . .[/QUOTE]

Thanks for straightening that out…

Of course it would have been much more fun arguing back and forth about it without facts.

so was the vessel owned by Fugro? You would think they can afford better?

[QUOTE=c.captain;95551]so was the vessel owned by Fugro? You would think they can afford better?[/QUOTE]

I’d like to think the 'ol girl was worth a little more respect than what she is finding here. She started out life as an anchor handler. Once upon a time, she ranked amongst the biggest and best in the GOM. Since 1974, she has crossed the the Atlantic numerous times, worked Africa, been through the Suez canal, worked Alaska and the West Coast. In the last few years she worked South America, from Guyana on around to Peru. She’s been to hell and back, and paid some pretty serious dues along the way. She may not be much to look at, but in her own way she shines.

It was one of the John Chance boats (Patterson LA). I think Fugro ended up with most of their fleet.

yes fugro.

WOW !!!.. i just stepped foot off the vessel in panama, been working on her about a year now and she was a lovely boat… wished i was there to help out joey on that cold morn.