Prospective Student with a lot of questions - GLMA

I will be visiting GLMA this Friday. From the internet pictures the facilities look amazing

jshrz, let me know what you think about GLMA. at this point, I think I may do GLMA’s deck program and the SUNY M.Sc. online.Even though I’m a NYS resident, the costs to do this option would be pretty parallel. Not so interested in living in the Bronx.

[QUOTE=astronautsoffduty;79977]jshrz, let me know what you think about GLMA. at this point, I think I may do GLMA’s deck program and the SUNY M.Sc. online.Even though I’m a NYS resident, the costs to do this option would be pretty parallel. Not so interested in living in the Bronx.[/QUOTE]

I think that’s going to turn out to be an awful lot more work than you think, and I’m not so sure the schedules are going to line up. Keep in mind that the online courses are 7 weeks long - half a semester.

astronaut check your private messages.

Anyone have any info on the major differences between going the deck route versus the engineering route? I know engineering guys have better job opportunities, but can someone speak a bot about the major differences in the programs and the differences in the field after graduation?

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;79165]Great Lakes shipping is dead right now .[/QUOTE]

Its not quite as busy as it was pre 2009, but its not dead up here.

[QUOTE=astronautsoffduty;79977]jshrz, let me know what you think about GLMA. at this point, I think I may do GLMA’s deck program and the SUNY M.Sc. online.Even though I’m a NYS resident, the costs to do this option would be pretty parallel. Not so interested in living in the Bronx.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes. Well as of two days ago I visited GLMA. To say the least I was very impressed. It looks like a very well rounded program and as always the biased facts of the school were exchanged and they were quite convincing. I also received an extensive tour of the ship which was very nice to say the least.

If they accept me I would probably go there considering its the closest academy to me.