Port Captain - Crowley Maritime Inc - Seattle, WA

Management position responsible to ensure vessels are crewed, operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements, company standards, and customer expectations. May involve travel to multiple locations with extended stays away from the homeport. Implements standard procedures and …

More…

C Captain here is your ticket to prime time!

They’re posting on here trying to lure the man away from his ventures. Mass maritime, now Crowley.

[QUOTE=rshrew;156411]C Captain here is your ticket to prime time![/QUOTE]

I looked at it but it requires a tanker master or chief mate time with a PIC which I don’t have.

Looks like I’ll just keep plugging with ORCA’s work for NMFS, the refit job I am working on with a Seattle seafood company presently, a seatrial job I just picked up recently and hoped for environmental work for ESTERO this summer. All in all, my plate is pretty full for the spring and summer but hope to pile on some more fried chicken in case you know where I can get my hands on some of that crispy golden deliciousness?

[QUOTE=c.captain;156424]I looked at it but it requires a tanker master or chief mate time with a PIC which I don’t have.

Looks like I’ll just keep plugging with ORCA’s work for NMFS, the refit job I am working on with a Seattle seafood company presently, a seatrial job I just picked up recently and hoped for environmental work for ESTERO this summer. All in all, my plate is pretty full for the spring and summer but hope to pile on some more fried chicken in case you know where I can get my hands on some of that crispy golden deliciousness?[/QUOTE]

Various people at Crowley contact me about every two or three months offering some kind of port captain or similar job somewhere.

It seems like they have more port captains than seagoing captains, and they seem to have quite a bit of turnover. Don’t let the posted requirements slow you down, I think some of those jobs are very hard to fill and that the posted requirements are more of a wish list for the ideal candidate. They say that Crowley is actually good to work for shoreside, unlike on the seagoing side.

There are now a lot Crowley ex-port captain rejects everywhere else, including at Foss. They are polluting other companies with the “Crowley way.”

seems a lot of these big companies have been loosing long time people due to new office people