Parker towing

Any info would be appreciated. I have look through most forums and found little information. What is their pay like hitches promotion etc

I assume you are talking about Parker towing out of Tuscaloosa Al.

If so there main business is pushing barges of coal and steel between Mobile and Tuscaloosa, with random trips up the Tom bigbee water way to other places. Parker is a small family run company, that used to treat there people real well. At one time there was a waiting list, to get a job there, and you had to wait for someone to die or retire, to get into the wheel house there. The pay is competive for the Tombigbee river area and the inland side. It has been a few years since I spoke to anybody who worked there though. Things might have changed? I really have no idea what the schedule was like.

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;91025]I assume you are talking about Parker towing out of Tuscaloosa Al.

If so there main business is pushing barges of coal and steel between Mobile and Tuscaloosa, with random trips up the Tom bigbee water way to other places. Parker is a small family run company, that used to treat there people real well. At one time there was a waiting list, to get a job there, and you had to wait for someone to die or retire, to get into the wheel house there. The pay is competive for the Tombigbee river area and the inland side. It has been a few years since I spoke to anybody who worked there though. Things might have changed? I really have no idea what the schedule was like.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir should have clarified Parker towing out of Tuscaloosa. You said used to be a good company. Could you go into detail. With the bad and good. How do they treat the deckhands. Looking into making a move to tugs from Supply vessel. Do they have the “family” environmentenvironment

You said use to be a good company. As far as you know do you think they still are? Are they a large fleet, small fleet etc. Thinking about jumping from the GOM to inland and have heard mostly good things about them. Trying to make sure before I apply with them