One of the bad things about living in a warm climate

Using my kayak to reach the uncharted turkey hunting grounds… I think we’re gonna need a bigger boat.

This was the little one I saw. The other one was about 5 feet longer and bellowing. Tail arched and head tipped back making the most god awful roaring. Two times have I been in the wilds and gotten spooked this was one of those times the other was in the U.P. camping in the dead of winter and the wolves were just out of the fire light circling. When you could be on the menu things start to look different.

You have a LICENSE for that kayak?

Hmmmm, operating a kayak without a license. You know that’s jail time around here. And Are those paddles official USCG Approved? You might be looking at more than just a fine.

Alot of big coyotes here, a few wolves with tags and chips. DEC claims " there are no mountain lions" but 2x now people have found calf parts in trees, not little pieces. Local woman next county over claimed she hit one, DEC was on her doorstep asking questions. Then 1 gets hit in CT. You guys can keep the gators and spiders, im all done with my GOM experience.

One of the bad things about living in a cold climate:

Can’t see the pic but assuming it’s a gator?? It’s mating season.

I might even be able to run that kayak ok what do u think Ted lol

I might even be able to run that kayak right Ted lol

[QUOTE=Tugted;158203]Can’t see the pic but assuming it’s a gator?? It’s mating season.[/QUOTE]

If my kayak suddenly became the love interest of a near sighted gator, I think I could paddle that vessel to plane speed right quick.

Then there’s the Mississippi state bird…

Damm I thought that was the Alabama state bird!

***** I actually found a way to combat them. Get one of the Themacell units. Used em for the first time this turkey/fishing season. They[U] really[/U] work. Used it this am in my blind. Ran those devil bugs right out in short order. Range is about 10-15 feet and only when the wind is not blowing a gale. I like most of you thought “yeah right” more BS stuff I don’t need to spend my hard earned cash on. Borrowed my hunting buddies an it really worked.:cool:

Rebel, they make those postcards for every Gulf state lol

[QUOTE=catherder;158328]Rebel, they make those postcards for every Gulf state lol[/QUOTE]

Alone with Mayflies, cock roaches, fire ants, heavy humidity, floods, tornados, old pickup trucks, no helmet laws, shotguns, piggly wigglys., RC cola & Big Red sodawater, and lots of Baptist churches.

Oh….and a lotta really nice laid back people too.

Moonpies!!!

Brown party liquor!