Oilfield jobs coming back?

100,000 oil jobs could be coming back

This could be good news for many people!

Believe it when I see it. Going to go use that oil money to load my mmd with all kinds of classes

The above is true, but it won’t happen till oil is above $65 and it’s looking like sometime 2018. Unless another middle east war breaks out or some other catastrophe [B]Cough[/B]Several CAT5 Hurricanes in the GOM[B]Cough[/B].

Menizzi, know is the time to take your classes. That way you’re ready to move up when you’re needed. Wait till things are good again and by the time you’re done another bust will be upon us.

Have no money for classes

[QUOTE=Menizzi;187273]Have no money for classes[/QUOTE]

Check with the schools. The Louisiana schools have grant money from time to time. No experience with the others.

[QUOTE=Menizzi;187273]Have no money for classes[/QUOTE]

Do you have GI Bill benefits? If not, you should look into student loans because unless you have your STCW it will be almost impossible to work.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;187271]The above is true, but it won’t happen till oil is above $65 and it’s looking like sometime 2018. Unless another middle east war breaks out or some other catastrophe [B]Cough[/B]Several CAT5 Hurricanes in the GOM[B]Cough[/B].

Menizzi, know is the time to take your classes. That way you’re ready to move up when you’re needed. Wait till things are good again and by the time you’re done another bust will be upon us.[/QUOTE]

Things are getting interesting in Turkey.

We will be very lucky if work in the Gulf is at 50% by the end of 2018.

I do have stcw and lifeboatmen but not much more then that. Going to suck for sure. Wish I knew what I know now 5 years ago. Do your best that’s all you can do

With the arabs flooding the market with crude ,i don’t forsee anything like that happening for quite some time

[QUOTE=exodus;187307]With the arabs flooding the market with crude ,i don’t forsee anything like that happening for quite some time[/QUOTE]

The Arabs?/ What about all the other producers in the world? Has anybody reduced production from existing fields, (other then by “natural” causes) incl. in the US??

• Updated - - -

While you wait for the oil field jobs to come back, maybe you should put your name and CV with these people: http://fraseryachts.com/Finding_Crew/services.aspx

You could get to serve on something like this: http://fraseryachts.com/Sale/sale_gallery.aspx?YachtID=Y430_NF_MC

The present Owner is selling because he has a slightly bigger one under building at Kleven.

[QUOTE=ombugge;187323]You could get to serve on something like this: http://fraseryachts.com/Sale/sale_gallery.aspx?YachtID=Y430_NF_MC[/QUOTE]

Please don’t bring those stinky steel toed boots but do practice smiling and puckering your lips while tip-toeing in bare feet.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;187324]Please don’t bring those stinky steel toed boots but do practice smiling and puckering your lips while tip-toeing in bare feet.[/QUOTE]

Not everybody’s cup of tea, but some may find their calling on one of these.
The Ulysses is build on the template of offshore vessels, but the accommodations are decidedly a bit better, at least for the guests.
She is intended for cruising in the Arctic/Antarctic and to remote locations around the world, so you may get to some interesting places.

PS> She even have a RRM “Unified Bridge”, which has been developed for the latest and best of large Anchor Handlers.

You could get to serve on something like this: http://fraseryachts.com/Sale/sale_gallery.aspx?YachtID=Y430_NF_MC

I didn’t know that the IKEA catalog was published in 107 meter format. Wooden floor in the ECR: ridiculous… Oh wait. They have a bathtub. A bathtub, guys! Where do I sign?

a wise bard once said, "Don’t try to describe a KISS concert if you’ve never seen it. "

[QUOTE=Flyer69;187362]a wise bard once said, "Don’t try to describe a KISS concert if you’ve never seen it. "[/QUOTE]

I spent a couple of years running private yachts so you can KISS my ASS “chummy”.

every yacht program is different based largely on the wants, needs, and desires of the yacht owner. Just because your experience on yachts involved running around barefooted and puckering up doesn’t mean the same holds true for every program. Those Kleven yachts are optimized for polar region exploration, don’t think there will be a lot of bare feet there

[QUOTE=Flyer69;187365]every yacht program is different based largely on the wants, needs, and desires of the yacht owner. Just because your experience on yachts involved running around barefooted and puckering up doesn’t mean the same holds true for every program. Those Kleven yachts are optimized for polar region exploration, don’t think there will be a lot of bare feet there[/QUOTE]

Aside from running a few private yachts, I’ve been aboard more of them than I can remember. I’ve never been on a single one where it was not customary for owners, guests and crews alike to take off their footwear prior to entering interior living spaces. Obviously there are exceptions such as engine spaces and circumstances where safety is an issue. As for ass kissing, the majority of owners and guests I dealt with expected to be treated like royalty, with a smile, and everything to be in pristine condition. While docked, it was routine to wash the exterior every morning with filtered water and wiped dry so as not to leave any spots and the interior to get vacuumed (walking backwards on the carpets so as not to leave footprints) and hard surfaces dusted whether they needed it or not. This was, and is the rule and not the exception. I was glad to return to work boats and ships and a purpose other than making sure everything was shiny, and smiling when I didn’t feel like it. Obviously, my comment was aimed at the majority of private yacht operations and not expedition yachts operating in polar regions but judging from the photos of the yacht in question, I doubt very much that anyone is going to be dragging their wet mukluks across those pristine interiors.

Bear in mind, chummy, you ain’t the only one here who has done time on yachts. Of course nobody is going to wear their wet mukluks inside a boat with nice finishes.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;187365]every yacht program is different based largely on the wants, needs, and desires of the yacht owner. Just because your experience on yachts involved running around barefooted and puckering up doesn’t mean the same holds true for every program. Those Kleven yachts are optimized for polar region exploration, don’t think there will be a lot of bare feet there[/QUOTE]

Here is the second one. 116 m. LOA this time: http://www.superyachttimes.com/yacht-news/116-metre-explorer-superyacht-hull-arrives-at-kleven-shipyard/

Watch the launch right here on gcaptain: http://gcaptain.com/watch-kleven-launches-116-meter-expedition-yacht/

In case you are in the market for one of these, Kleven have capacity to build on for delivery 2018 I have heard.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;187374]Bear in mind, chummy, you ain’t the only one here who has done time on yachts. Of course nobody is going to wear their wet mukluks inside a boat with nice finishes.[/QUOTE]

So, what was your point again?

P.S. Oh, and please point out where I claimed to be “the only one here who has done time on yachts.”