New Towing Vessel Regulations Coming

Captain Peter Squicciarini joins gCaptain. Contact info: (757) 398-7720. Currently US Coast Guard Towing Vessel Marine Safety Coordinator. Located in Norfolk VA. I have latest info on US Coast Guard marine safety and coming Regulations focused on towing vessels, barges, inspected/uninspected passenger vessels. Am pleased to chat with anyone interested. I come from Industry as a Licensed and sailing professional mariner attempting to bring that perspective to the <ACRONYM title=“United States Coast Guard”>USCG</ACRONYM>. I invite inputs and assistance. Words to live by: “RESPECT THE MARINER”. Sincerely, Peter Squicciarini

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your future post.

[quote=pdsquicciarini;26562]Captain Peter Squicciarini joins gCaptain. Contact info: (757) 398-7720. Currently US Coast Guard Towing Vessel Marine Safety Coordinator. Located in Norfolk VA. I have latest info on US Coast Guard marine safety and coming Regulations focused on towing vessels, barges, inspected/uninspected passenger vessels. Am pleased to chat with anyone interested. I come from Industry as a Licensed and sailing professional mariner attempting to bring that perspective to the <ACRONYM title=“United States Coast Guard”>USCG</ACRONYM>. I invite inputs and assistance. Words to live by: “RESPECT THE MARINER”. Sincerely, Peter Squicciarini
[/quote]

Indeed!! - Welcome . .

So cap…

What’s your stance on the 12 hour rule?

What about cooks?

What about boats with un-licensed Engineers?, or deck’n’eers?

Aren’t the “New Reg’s” mostly about more paperwork and inspections?