Must you work a 12 month schedule with no gaps, also job openings these days?

Thanks but the only way I imagine him in this school is as one if the professors, lol

When I attended the 10 day Sea School course for 6 pack Captains lic, the class was full of folks from 20 yo to 60, all needing the AB lic for their new or current professional boat job.
They also help with all the paperwork.
I got my TWIC, the medical stuff and my Master’s 100 ton.
Check them out.

You are very ignorant. Good luck at getting a license, it’s a long and expensive path.

2 Likes

Thanks wxman22. Yeah good reminder. We have discussed that.
I attended a 6pak school too, here in California. That’s interesting about the AB classmates. We didn’t have any AB guys, just small-timers like me and a few boat brokers saying they were being told to get their oupv for taking out buyers on sea trials.

Tugsailor or others,
Do you have any suggestions on where in California (we are in NorCal) for the stcw-bt?
I see AB can be done online but not the BT.
Thanks

Clatsop community college in Astoria, Oregon. Contact: Toni Middleton (503) 325-7962, tmiddleton@clatsopcc.edu One of the least expensive schools in the US.

Who has a USCG approved online AB course?

Thanks a lot.
These guys, I would think they are USCG approved?

Training Resources is a well established school that offers many USCG approved courses.

However, I see no indication of any USCG approved online AB course.

Just because a school offers some USCG approved courses, that does not mean that all of its courses have current USCG approvals.

You may want to ask the school for a copy of its USCG approval letter for the specific course you are going to take.

1 Like

You’re so resourceful, many thanks. He will check that out.

Bumping this up