Mooring Operations Survey

Hi,

I’m an Irish Deck Officer, currently undertaking a Bachelor of Science degree as part of the Chief Mate/Masters course in the National Maritime College of Ireland. In fulfilment of this, I am required to complete a research dissertation, with the area I have chosen being mooring operations. The dissertation is specifically focused on the role of the Officer in charge of a mooring station.

I’d be grateful if any Deck Officers here could assist by taking a few minutes of their time to complete a questionnaire through the below link.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mooringops

Many thanks,
Eoin

I’m presuming you only desire replies from ship mooring operations and not tug and barge mooring?

[QUOTE=Tugboater203;147721]I’m presuming you only desire replies from ship mooring operations and not tug and barge mooring?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Yes, the survey is aimed at ship mooring operations rather than tugs. Not having any experience in barge operations, I wouldn’t be in a position to write on the subject, hence why I’m focusing on ships. Apologies for not mentioning that in my initial post.

rgds,
Eoin