Merchant Marine Officer: What they think we do

Merchant Marine Officer: What they think we do:

And one for my friends offshore: Offshore Drilling: What they think I do

I think Im going to print this and hang it u of the refer doors… they should get a kick out of it. The sad part is pretty true… no one has a clue what goes on except for those onboard.

Sir, I knew Gilligan McGillicudy and you are no Gilligan McGillicudy!

blasphemy sir!

Don’t forget Captain Ron’s version. My wife was visiting her sister a couple years back when her babysitter asked her about her beloved(me). She told her I was a boat captain on supply boats. The babysitter replied “How nice, my uncle used to captain a fishing boat” Apparently claiming to be familiar with what I did! Oh well, I just chuckle every time I look at my paycheck.

When I told people I was an Air Traffic Controller they would asked me if I was the guy with the orange flashlights that brought the planes into the gate . I’d say, Oh yeah, just like that only different

[ATTACH]1624[/ATTACH]

Another one :wink:

I run into some old friends every once in a while and they ask what I’m up to, when I tell them I’m going to a Maritime Academy they first go what is that, then I describe it. Then they precede to tell me their brother/friend got a license doing one of those weekend captains courses, why would I spend 4 years to do the same thing. I just have to shake my head at their response.

I was thinking about making one for engineers, but all the pictures would be the same.

Coffee in hand and a washed grease stained rag in one pocket, lol.

Sent from my PiratePhone using gCaptain

[QUOTE=skycowboy;63309]When I told people I was an Air Traffic Controller they would asked me if I was the guy with the orange flashlights that brought the planes into the gate . I’d say, Oh yeah, just like that only different[/QUOTE]

ha, i was a baggage handler at JAX for jetblue…i was the guy with the lil orange flashlights, but when asked i said " we are the people who rerouted ur bags to Nome,AK, when you got pissy."

HELLO ALL!! I’m currently developing a new series for CMT that will focus on jobs with rotational schedules and the effects they have on families and relationships…think “Deadliest Catch” or “Ice Road Truckers” with a family twist. We are interested in how these professions affect the FAMILY unit and how each side deals with the long periods of time apart, not just the rigors of the profession itself. I’m looking for teams, individuals and couples who are currently in the industry to share their experiences with life on the road and how it affects both sides. With how important these industries are to the American economy, it is unfortunate no one truly knows the sacrifice that the workers and families put in for goods we often take for granted…UNTIL NOW!!! Feel free to email me with any questions and I can even tell you more about the project!

Thanks,
Gabe Griggs
Castingproducer3@gmail.com

[QUOTE=CastingProducer;147835]HELLO ALL!! I’m currently developing a new series for CMT that will focus on jobs with rotational schedules and the effects they have on families and relationships…think “Deadliest Catch” or “Ice Road Truckers” with a family twist. We are interested in how these professions affect the FAMILY unit and how each side deals with the long periods of time apart, not just the rigors of the profession itself. I’m looking for teams, individuals and couples who are currently in the industry to share their experiences with life on the road and how it affects both sides. With how important these industries are to the American economy, it is unfortunate no one truly knows the sacrifice that the workers and families put in for goods we often take for granted…UNTIL NOW!!! Feel free to email me with any questions and I can even tell you more about the project!

Thanks,
Gabe Griggs
Castingproducer3@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Oh, this crap again. . . . .

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=deven;64891]I was thinking about making one for engineers, but all the pictures would be the same.[/QUOTE]

Well, an engineer IS an officer, too. . . no? Or did I just open a can of worms. . .

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=tillettso;64911]Coffee in hand and a washed grease stained rag in one pocket, lol.

Sent from my PiratePhone using gCaptain[/QUOTE]

And back in my day, a burning cigarette dangling from my lips. . . .