Mariner's Annual Acquired By Shipserv.com

Guys,

I am very excited to announce a new advertiser that has committed to a trial run of support for this forum. The company is ShipServ.com and they run ShipServ Pages.

This announcement is important for two reasons. First, without supporters like Shipserv, this forum could not exist.

Second, ShipServ recently acquired Mariner’s Annual, a pub that many of you know and love. This means, that your support of ShipServ will translate into future digital and print versions of this useful catalogue.

So if your ordering anything in the near future for your ship, please bookmark this page and use [I][B]THIS LINK[/B][/I] to find the parts you need and a supplier that knows the value of offering their services online.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Do you use Mariner’s Annual and what are your thoughts of an online company buying the catalogue?

I just tried their “pages” and it is easier and better than lugging MA down from the bookshelf.

Bookmarked, and thanks John for finding sponsors to keep this forum ALIVE!

I use MA regularly and look forward to this online resource; it has been bookmarked. in reference to your question of an online company buying a print catalog this seems typical in the trend of publishing media. my brother in law is a pretty well known journalist at the NY Times corporation and we have had discussions about this topic on numerous occassions.
John, I’m glad to see you are getting commercial support for this online resource. good job to you and your team.

Any supporter of gCaptain get’s my support. Speaking of which, what happened to the big MITAGS banner ad?

[QUOTE=domer;26009]Any supporter of gCaptain get’s my support. Speaking of which, what happened to the big MITAGS banner ad?[/QUOTE]

The MITAGS ad deal was tied to an agreement we had with them to help their google search ranking (SEO) results. The ads ended when the SEO contract ended.