Lim Tide Accident

Anyone hear anything? Looks ugly.

FYI, I’ve reached out to Tidewater for comment, but haven’t heard back yet. I can be reached at 954.850.4611 or rob@gcaptain.com

looks like they hit some overhanging platform right at wheelhouse level

I’ve certainly seen getting very close to them in the past where there was only a few feet off but that was with construction/maintenance work on fixed platforms and only during daylight

Torens Tide just came in Fourchon disabled and with 1 man injured. Tugs brought it in and heard em say 1 injured over VHF.

[QUOTE=Gofast;153833]Torens Tide just came in Fourchon disabled and with 1 man injured. Tugs brought it in and heard em say 1 injured over VHF.[/QUOTE]

Another accident?

Didn’t see any damage. I guess fire or mechanical issues. Didn’t hear anything about what the injury was

That’s a brand new boat…

Hope the injured is ok. Saw them on the water this morning being towed in. Guys up top need to learn what lights to run when being towed. Hint:it’s not ur normal running lights.

Torens tide look like a brand new boat

Tidewater called me back saying that nobody was injured in the incident, but couldn’t say when or where it occurred.

AIS show’s it in the Persian Gulf.

[QUOTE=Gofast;153833]Torens Tide just came in Fourchon disabled and with 1 man injured. Tugs brought it in and heard em say 1 injured over VHF.[/QUOTE]

I saw that one too, I didn’t look banged up at all though. The Torrens looks like a really nice new-er shiny boat. Maybe they had an engine room accident??

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Mikey;153857]AIS show’s it in the Persian Gulf.[/QUOTE]

Mikey, how did you find out about the Lim Tide accident??

Kind of reminds me of the OIL Trader accident. Wonder if TDW will outlaw autopilots again.

First there was auto pilot then
crew keep asking how to put a lat lon in their DP systems ( some can) so they dont have to look at out the window at all?

just how many automated ways can we crash with?

Oh brother do I remember that one. They came and pulled the relays from the panel. I showed the captain and the mate where to put them back. As soon as we passed the buoy on auto pilot we went. The handful of boats that had DP never went without either dumbest thing ever to think no one would use it. No one was gonna rat anyone out because they didn’t wanna have to sit there and hand job it all the way to the rig.

Torrens Tide is new. Leevac build. She left Houma Nav yesterday (6-5-15) afternoon under tow.

Torrens Tide was towed in by design from the shipyard. Finishing touches will be completed in Fourchon before sea trials.

We were enroute from Natal, Brazil to Soyo, Angola, when we got the email announcing the accident, and instructions to disable the AP. Sure, we said. Someone from the office came down to the boat and removed the control head. After that, only boats making long ocean tows could use them, and only with written permission from an area manager or higher. Made for some suck ass rig moves. Luckily I got on a DP boat, not long after. Met the safety guy who took those pictures in the bar at the Hotel Mundial in Luanda a couple of months later. Had some good stories about it.

Disabling the AP sounds like a stupid way to fix another persons mistake.

then the crew work out you can put the DP system in transit mode, so you lookout from the front but the live controls are at the rear…