If You Want To Know

Dear All- First of all, Merry Christmas to all at gCaptain. I would like to give you a Christmas gift. It is why I and, I believe everyone else, went to law school and that is because our legal system is the best legal system in the world. However, as we know, it is not perfect. It is not perfect because it depends on truth and, as we also know, not everyone tells the truth. The art of advocacy is to take a fact and to zealously shape it in a manner that favors your client. However, there is a fine line that rests between zealous representation and an abuse of the system. When the line is crossed, the entire justice system departs from advocacy and turns into something evil and wicked. Sometimes the last line of defense to catch this abuse is the judge. Not every judge has the guts to do something when an abuse is detected. I would like to introduce you to a very courageous judge; his actions and words, when I read them, made me so very proud to be a lawyer in these United States. http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/files/ruehle_dec__15.pdf

All I can say is “WOW”

Absolutely WOW. Thank you Steve for posting this, it brought me to tears.

any system is only as good as the men & women who maintain it.

My favorite part =

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]THE COURT: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]VERY WELL.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]4 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]I SINCERELY APPRECIATE ALL THE COMPLIMENTS THAT COUNSEL[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]5 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]HAVE GIVEN, ESPECIALLY THEY’RE FROM THE TITANS IN THE LEGAL[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]6 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]PROFESSION. SO THEY MEAN A LOT TO ME. BUT IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]7 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]I THINK, TO ME, THAT YOU AND MR. RUEHLE, DR. NICHOLAS, MR. DULL,[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT]8 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]AND DR. SAMUELI REALIZE, I DON’T NEED TO BE COMPLIMENTED. THE[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][LEFT][COLOR=black]9 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]WISDOM, THE BRILLIANCE WAS IN THE FRAMERS OF OUR CONSTITUTION.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]10 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]I’M JUST DOING MY JOB.
[/SIZE][/FONT]