I need help as a sea processor/deck hand

[QUOTE=helloman;192696]… i didnt see my post and i didnt feel like typing it all over again.[/QUOTE]

The reason you didn’t see your post is probably because the phorum is still phucked up. New Posts doesn’t work and I will probably have to go through about 10 windows to even find this once it is sent and I can assure you it won’t be in New Posts.

Yep, just checked, 6 windows, 4 reloads, and finally got to this post via activity thread after going to Commercial Fishing and reloading. This post showed up as the most recent post, it is invisible everywhere else.

[QUOTE=Steamer;192712]The reason you didn’t see your post is probably because the phorum is still phucked up.

Your correct Steamer, I wanted to say something yesterday but held back.

[QUOTE=c.captain;192699]so if you someday want to be working on deck then you have to take the at sea job and hump your ass so the factory manager and deck boss see you are worthy of the promotion however the pay will be abysmally low for how hard, long, wet and cold the work is. That is the sad reality of the Alaskan fisheries…Joe Boss makes bank but those at the bottom don’t end up with much left to put into the bank however if you are determined to go, then go with open eyes, a closed mouth, a strong back and a readiness to work harder than you have ever worked before. Worst case, if you hate it and want no more the at sea job is over in half the time as the shore one.[/QUOTE]

i wanted to become a deck hand but most of the companies i see now just want sea processors plus i think deck hands have to lift heavier stuff i want to start off lifting less heavy stuff for now i have to figure out how make back can maintain it tho, that’s my only problem i can work long hours but what is the technique for people not to mess up their back ?

[QUOTE=c.captain;192711]good post! our friend better have enough money in the bank to buy his own ticket home from Dutch if he bails since if the company buys it and he hasn’t earned enough to pay them back he’ll be paying for that very expensive flight for a very long time![/QUOTE]

i wanted to reply to other guy… but wouldnt let me… i dont think im going to make that much i had to choose the hourly rate in a warehouse …
9.75 16 hours a day i couldn’t find better i guess ill be making alittle over 1k i wanted to go on a trip i heard they make more money but the one i went denied me because i haven’t heard back from them after the orientation even emailed them but for some reason i guess he wasn’t interested but the other company was

I did not want to make a political comment, but I will tell you that #Trumptrain does not know we exist.

I have had it out with Trump voters (and Hillary voters and Bernie voters etc) who think that we are the reason their gasoline and other goods cost more than they think they should.

Do they realize the consequences of handing over all Jones Act trade to foreign control? I guess not. I try to educate, but I feel that I am alone in this.

If the rest of you are not willing or able to stand up for US shipping, then you will be the ones to turn off the lights on the way out the door.

We are the Fourth Arm of Defense… if not us, then who will carry war materiel? The lowest bidder? If you are an American Merchant Mariner, then educate yourself on who and what we are and where we fit in the history of this nation. If you cannot defend this profession, then LEAVE this profession.

Need some conversation fodder for Thanksgiving company? Here is your big opportunity to educate your friends and family. Tell them what the US Merchant Marine is, what we do, how we benefit Americans, and how they can support us.

I’ll send you a message. Remember though you won’t be able to start until around March or April. Minimum hitch is 75 days.