I am woman, now here me roar!

I am still trying to understand how to use this site so please bear with me.

I am much appreciative of ALL your comments & even more motivated! I have gathered much helpful info on just this site alone, so glad I found it.

RRRRRRRRRRRoar! I’m ready!

Take it just a little easier there, kid. Us old ladies of the site don’t roar until the sun crosses the yardarm. :slight_smile:

if you want to go to sea (“ship out”) then just do it. please don’t feel like you’ll get any special treatment, or even worse, that you’re due special treatment because you’re female.
good luck with whatever you decide.

Special treatment is EXACTLY what I don’t want. I am in the auto repair business now and don’t quite want to go thru what I go thru now to just get ahead, especially if this is my dream and life savings. Thanks for all your comments and hope I didn’t offend anyone.

[QUOTE=jbyrd;34656]Special treatment is EXACTLY what I don’t want. I am in the auto repair business now and don’t quite want to go thru what I go thru now to just get ahead, especially if this is my dream and life savings. Thanks for all your comments and hope I didn’t offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

It’s pretty hard to offend this crowd…
As a collective, they have seen just about every conceivable situation occur at sea…The advice they give is for the betterment of everyone and IMO should be taken…I know I do…

[QUOTE=jbyrd;34656]Special treatment is EXACTLY what I don’t want. I am in the auto repair business now and don’t quite want to go thru what I go thru now to just get ahead, especially if this is my dream and life savings. Thanks for all your comments and hope I didn’t offend anyone.[/QUOTE]
[B]
Let me weigh in on this subject…ok, thanks.
[/B]

[QUOTE=Shellback;34678]The advice they give is for the betterment of everyone and IMO should be taken…I know I do…[/QUOTE]

LEt’s keep the International Maritime Organization out of this discussion!!

Hah! sorry Albert, my kids have been trying to teach me texting short hand…

IMO = In  My  Opinion

Now that I can say I tried, I think i will go back to the old ways now …:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Shellback;34712]Hah! sorry Albert, my kids have been trying to teach me texting short hand…

IMO = In  My  Opinion

Now that I can say I tried, I think i will go back to the old ways now …:)[/QUOTE]
[B]He knew that, he was just funning ya…here’s one my daughter texted me…IMLMAOSHIFOTC…I had to research that one. It means: I am laughing my ass off so hard I fell off the couch…It’s an entire different language…I’m still struggling with ebonics…[/B][B]lol…[/B]

[QUOTE=stevefoster;34727]

[B ]He knew that, he was just funning ya…[/B][B]lol…[/B][/QUOTE]

He was ? :frowning: Say it ain’t so Al…

[QUOTE=stevefoster;34727][B]He knew that, he was just funning ya…here’s one my daughter texted me…IMLMAOSHIFOTC…I had to research that one. It means: I am laughing my ass off so hard I fell off the couch…It’s an entire different language…I’m still struggling with ebonics…[/B][B]lol…[/B][/QUOTE]

If I can learn to talk to you old geezers you can figure it out :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=CMA_Decky;34765]If I can learn to talk to you old geezers you can figure it out :-P[/QU

[B]Um…er, hic…What???[/B]

[QUOTE=stevefoster;34767]
[B]Um…er, hic…What???[/B][/QUOTE]

You’re shaking your fist at me aren’t you…

[QUOTE=CMA_Decky;34769]You’re shaking your fist at me aren’t you…[/QUOTE][B]
Never would I do such a thing…I stand behind you young California Academy Grads 100%…I just wouldn’t want any of you standing behind me…lmao
[/B]