I-10 bridge in Houston damaged by runaway barges

Man you’re not kidding. I was telling my wife about the big breakout the other day and she was trying to get me to go to work on vacation to bolster the war chest. I was tempted to take a job as third mate and live my fantasy of play acting the greatest hits of poor third mates I’ve had over the years onto someone else but then went back to my coffee and enjoyed my day off.

Even watched the Cape D’s Head to sea this morning. Good luck and fair seas…

4 Likes

I don’t know of any private companies that are “under the DOT.”

1 Like

Ah I understand. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I’ll keep reading on this!

I understand now, I was just confused. I mean I know that we pretty much all work for private companies that operate under the USGC here. My sentence was taken too literal and then was confused myself.

I never meant we “are owned and operate under the DOT.”

1 Like

Don’t let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, “Spare Tire” Dixon.

2 Likes

I always loved the idea of leaving the vessel as 1 a/e and showing back up as a QMED.

When the new first asks me a question about the OWS or a generator I’d shrug my shoulders and say: “I dunno man, the last first was always working on that thing.”

Or just chuckle and say: “Man, that thing is ALL fucked up”

2 Likes

How can the first be last. Where’s the second?

1 Like

Best comedy skit I’ve ever watched!

One of my buddies I work with showed me this on my last hitch of work. Had me rolling!!

Hmm, I believe that the bridge has been closed by collisions at least three times in the 30 + years I have been living in the Houston area. By the looks of the damage, I am guessing that the area struck was a repair area, complete with damaged fendering. . .

1 Like