Historic US House Vote On Marijuana, What Will The USCG Do?

The bill passed the House but it’s very unlikely the Senate will vote on it.

Marijuana should be legalized but also it should only be used once a year during a tribal gathering under the direction of the shaman painting pictures in a cave.

2 Likes

Say hello to the newest talking point for the democratic candidates for the senate runoff in Georgia.

A vote for me is a vote for weed…

1 Like

Slip a dose of THC in the tortoise’s Geritol.

3 Likes

For those gatherings I think we need peyote for the full effect.

1 Like

Did you ever see that prank show in Italy where they set up outside parliament in Rome and conned all the senators to lick an envelope for a give away or something?
Anyway it was a con to get a dna sample, which they tested and most had several drugs detected.

1 Like

Back to he thread, high THC and heavy use will fry your brain before you are old enough to legally have your first beer.
I was living in the UK when they had this same argument 20 years ago.
The gov officials came out and said the single biggest reason to ‘section’ someone in the UK was from pot use, then they said its 90% of the people that get sectioned in the uk , then they said it was from heavy use with high thc and all under the age of 18
There is no recovery, your brain is fried.

The medical use in non smoked form argument needs to be separated from the smoking argument

1 Like

Might make him a nicer guy. Is that even possible?

On the outside chance the fossils in the Senate go for it, I would not expect movement from the USCG for a long time to come. I don’t know of any THC test that can detect recent use and impairment with any accuracy the way one can be tested for alcohol use or even other drugs with different mechanisms of action.

In addition to that, companies can establish and maintain their own criteria, as we well know.

1 Like

A few years ago who would have imagined that we would be where we are today: “medical” pot legal in 34 states and recreational pot legal in 15 states with the Feds just looking the other way.

Legalization is accelerating. So are politicians’ desires for more pot tax revenues.

The USCG won’t have a choice for much longer.

4 Likes

The top brass in our military branches are put into place & approved by the POTUS & Congress, civil servants put into place by the people. IMO, the USCG will fall like a domino once the Congress & POTUS does. True for any issues, womens rights, gay rights, transgender issues, race issues etc… What other choice does it have?