GCaptains article by Bloomsberg regarding Orsteds large losses

I dont agree with him on everything but when he was finance minister he found out how crooked the EU was and continues to find out.
No connection to Australia as far as I know

Agreed its hard to understand where the Co2 output is coming from but wherever you look the data agrees. Are they adding lng processing which dumps lots of Co2?

Do tell, politics are involved in all this mess? I beg to not differ.

Apparently you are not alone:

So you pick and choose what which part of his rather large collection of videos you think fit your point of view in the discussion of the day? I’m surprised!!!

He lived and worked in Sydney for many year and hold (held?) both Australian and Greek passports

Source: Yanis Varoufakis - Wikipedia

If the US market should prove to be too difficult to operate in there are opportunities in other parts of the world for both Ørsted, Equinor, BP and the other foreign companies that partner with American operators to bring Offshore Wind Power to the US consumers.

Here is a list of the opportunities:

That includes the new and exiting Floating Wind Farm sector that can bring green electricity to places with short continental shelf with suitable water depth for bottom supported turbines:
https://www.offshore-mag.com/renewable-energy/article/14282576/floating-offshore-wind

that was just some facts as presented by someone that investigated the issue.

Check out his grandparents and maybe what brand toothpaste he uses as well, that could be relevant in your view as well, what are you smoking?

7 posts were split to a new topic: Quitting Smoking

Don’t get me wrong regarding wind power. I am not for offshore wind for numerous reasons. Land based is much more reasonable for again…numerous reasons.

1 Like

Does the USA even need offshore wind when the onshore wind capacity is so vast?

Offshore wind makes more sense in Europe because the population density is much higher and there isn’t much space for onshore, but the US has plenty of space onshore.

According to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the contiguous United States has the potential for 10,459 GW of onshore wind power. The capacity could generate 37 petawatt-hours (PW·h) annually, an amount nine times larger than current total U.S. electricity consumption…

2 Likes

and what did that have to do with anything?

A close relative is a manager of a team that services over 500 land based wind units in Washington State. The CEO says no effing way are we going offshore. Too costly. The area does enjoy some of the lowest utility rates in the country. But strangely enough… some of the highest gasoline prices in the nation, mostly due to the insane taxes on the product . Glad he has a company vehicle.

1 Like

So green power doesnt work when its cold or hot lol?

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htoNuyYjNwg.
Vivek Ramaswamy break it down for us.

Got to give it to him… He has my vote.

From a Bloomberg article appearing in gcaptain News today:

The interest rate and inflation is not within the realms of any company to control.
To demand “Make in America” when there are no domestic supplies available is just not feasible. These companies are in the business to make a profit, not only to save the planet.

PS> Ørsted is the former Dong Energy (Dansk Olie og Natrurgas A/S):

Only one of the companies mentioned above (Avangrid) is an electric power company, the others are all Oilcos that is looking at diversifying their business away from Oil & Gas.

One of the crunch points: