Exxon shows why U.S. oil output rises as prices plummet

I’m at the house we crewchange tomorrow night keep your head down til then.

oh but how you howl when I denounce your precious offshore industry…almost like if I were to make nasty epithets towards your own mother. No, I can’t abide Joe Boss and the way he conducts business in the bayou nor do I think too highly for those who enable him his practices and you don’t like me for saying that but say it I will. If in your eyes that makes me a bully then so be it. Your personal opinion of me means nothing whatsoever.

I am on the verge of being done with gcaptain. The information flow halted about the time Capt Lee and Anchorman left and the site has since turned into the aimless rambling diary of an agry senile old man.

both southerners who did quite well under Joe Boss as have many others here…can’t fault any of them but doesn’t mean the system isn’t rotten to the core.

I hope you are good to your word now and will actually desist in engaging in these battles royale. Something makes me doubt that however…we’ll see?

I’ll be headed out Tuesday night so I’ll try to lay low. Lol.

I wish I could talk to Grady and find out what happened during your tenure at OC.

It’s truly disappointing to see such well versed USMM going at each other. No matter what body of water we work on we need to remember we are the good guys. We are all United States Merchant Marine, politicians and owners would like to get rid of us because we cost so much and are so opinionated. We need to continually send those creative thoughts in the direction of job creation and job protection, find a way to do this so we can bring back that steel highway, keep that innovation growing, build on that safety, better and better wages and benefits for all of us. We are unique. All of us.

Same thing that happened at Epic and Noble I’d imagine…

I think you need to get some Norwegian vessels back to the GoM, only time I have seen you all agree on something .

[QUOTE=OBXmariner;150394]It’s truly disappointing to see such well versed USMM going at each other. No matter what body of water we work on we need to remember we are the good guys. We are all United States Merchant Marine, politicians and owners would like to get rid of us because we cost so much and are so opinionated. We need to continually send those creative thoughts in the direction of job creation and job protection, find a way to do this so we can bring back that steel highway, keep that innovation growing, build on that safety, better and better wages and benefits for all of us. We are unique. All of us.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

Geeze guys - let it go. We ARE on the same team you know.

Let this thread just fade away.

This thread reminds me of the old story of building inspectors:

Arguing with a building inspector is something like mud wresting with a pig. After awhile you realize that the pig actually enjoys it.

Let’s move on.

Damn good analogy!

Merry Christmas

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;150399]Agree.

Geeze guys - let it go. We ARE on the same team you know.

Let this thread just fade away.[/QUOTE]

or it can get back on course but I believe all thinking people can see while I denounce a group of businessmen and their practices, they in turn can only denounce me. A worthy opponent with a valid argument would challenge me on the merits of the core issue rather than impugn my character but this is shown to be a standard response from some…I am used to it.

now, I for one an going to cease posting to this thread so long as others refrain from their personal attack.

and yes, the building inspector analogy is a good one…

This is what you said earlier. Now you are saying you only are denouncing a few business men and their practices. You, in the above statement, insult every southerner and every mariner working in the south. It’s not our fault you are not tough enough or smart enough to be able to continue your employment in the OSV industry. Maybe, instead of focusing on denouncing billionaires whom created great high wage jobs you should focus on getting your shit together and stop crying about everyone else’s business. We understand you don’t want to work here, awesome, we also don’t want you here. I know this is a personal attack, it is meant to be.

I don’t care that a certain group here including yourself are bothered by my opinions and I will continue to say what I feel needs saying. You are correct that I hold GoM mariners as being handmaidens who enable the bosses. That too will be stated again in the future but I won’t be restated in this thread.

I only hope this all can be dropped now and this thread fade away or return to its original topic.

I know it’s hard, but STOP taking their bait.

Merry Christmas

[QUOTE=tugsailor;150414]I know it’s hard, but STOP taking their bait.

Merry Christmas[/QUOTE]

point taken…will try to abide

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well…

Do any OSV boats in GoM fly the confederate flag?

No. Why would they

I think Southern States Marine used to have a couple of boats that flew the confederate flag. It was short lived though I imagine they got some complaints.

Which I find funny considering the only guy I’ve ever met who worked there, for 17 years mind you, was an Algerian Muslim.