Delivery, Instruction, Charter, and Yacht Mgmt Services

United States Coast Guard Licensed Master Captain with near coastal rating, sailing and towing endorsements. I am currently US Sailing small boat Instructor, as well as US Sailing Principal Race Officer and holder of US 2 day Safety at Sea Seminar, and Oregon boaters card. Over 1200 days and 18,000 miles in waters stretching from Mexico to as far north as Alaska, and west to Hawaii.

I can provide Deliveries, Charter’s, Instruction, and Yacht Management services. Providing fun, safe, and informative environment’s on your vessel or a chartered vessel of your choice.

As well I am a very experienced mechanical engineer with a seat of Solidworks 3D CAD. Familiar with on board systems such as motors, fuel systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, refrigeration, electronics, navigation, and rigging. On most boats I board I get instantly classified as the MacGyver…

Very experienced project manager with extensive 40 + years of marine experience. With the Deliveries an extensive “float plan” is created that includes owner/vessel information, safety, crew & captain information, route, plan, tides, and other information for the trip. Also a “port of call” check in is created that is left with shore side owner/family/friends so that in the case if of a delayed port of entry the coast guard will be contacted and the float plan delivered. I also carry the tools with me when working on the water including personal EPIRB, VHF, portable chart plotter, binoculars, and emersion suits.

Deliveries - Can provide a quotation for this service of delivering a yacht from one location to another. This also includes land delivery of large/small sailboats using a sailboat trailer capable of hauling 14,000 lbs. Also small to moderately sized power boats, on a three axle power boat trailer that can carry up to 14,000 lbs.

Charters - Would you like to go the Med, Caribbean, San Juan’s, Mexico, or some other location? I can help you choose the boat, location, provisioning, and scheduling. Leave it all to me or take part in the organization of the charter. I can cook, clean, pilot, and show everybody a really good time in a safe environment. Possible instruction opportunities can also be incorporated into the charter.

Training - Can teach you and instruct you on everything from parking, to anchoring, and sailing. This includes power boats and sailboats. Cruising and passage making. The instruction can be incorporated into a delivery and or charters upon negotiation.

Management - Can manage your boat for maintenance upgrades, staging, and any other needs. Previous Project/Program management coupled with a strong marine background helps me take of and prepare your boat for any scenario.

Contact me and I can provide you with information & qualifications. No delivery is to small or to large. Capable of big or small, power or sail. Check out the website in my coastguardcaptain.com logo and click on the “Reviews” page for feedback that was left on services that I have provided in the past. Or check out the “Portfolio” page for images of the vessels I have operated or delivered.