Chief Engineer - Dredging - Manson Construction Co. - Jacksonville, WA

SUMMARYThe Chief Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all assigned vessel systems including hydraulics, diesel engines, mechanical and electrical systems. Extensive travel will be required for this position.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Additional …

More…

I did a relief chief job for them a few years ago on one of their trailing suction hopper dredges. It was a great company to work for, good pay, great food (lots of crabs came up with the spoils)and good equipment. It is not a babysitting job though.

Jacksonville, WA…?
Never heard of the place.

The zip code is a tipoff … it’s an East Coast based job out of Jacksonville, Florida. Look at Manson’s website.

Steamer,

I have a phone interview for this position this week. What sort of pay/benefits do they offer and do they pay transportation?

Couldn’t tell you … I was a short term relief guy and got paid a very good wage. It is not unreasonable for you to ask during the interview, it’s not a one way exercise you know.

This doesn’t sound like a job description for CE on one of their hoppers. Usually they specify license level, CAT 3516, etc. I would think this is a bucket or cutter head dredge CE spot. That being said I think Manson is a good company that treats their folks well. Good luck with the interview.