Carnival Ecstasy Elevator Accident with fatality

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;176370]I thought these STCW classes were to “close the gap” between us and the rest of the better trained Mariners of the world? Yet the foreign flagged/crewed vessels keep having all these issues. It seems they keep having the same electrical problem time after time. Each time the ship is DIW and has to be towed somewhere. Now they don’t seem to be able to understand the concept of LOTO. They need to get these people to the MEECE class or something for some remedial training.[/QUOTE]

To be fair. . . most of the vessels at sea are NOT US flag, so it goes without saying that there will be more incidents on those vessels than US flag. . . . that said, there is a serious problem with these cruise ships and I am confident that crew training is lower on the list than design. . . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;176528]To be fair. . . most of the vessels at sea are NOT US flag, so it goes without saying that there will be more incidents on those vessels than US flag. . . . that said, there is a serious problem with these cruise ships and I am confident that crew training is lower on the list than design. . . .[/QUOTE]

Was it ever reported where the person was from?