Bouchard Transportation files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy - Marine Log

Some of that equipment is too good to set idle. Not a fan of Morty, but the crews need work that don’t already have other jobs. Every customer measures the rates, Shell and Valero may come back if “The Price is Right”.

It seems like the risk of public (and stockholder/analyst/regulator) outrage is too great for any of the large publicly trade companies to do business with an oil transporter like Bouchard at any price. What executive wants to take that personal risk to save the company a few pennies?

Its difficult to envision Morty operating successfully in Chapter 11.

I respectfully disagree. Check out the oil patch’s many players through their many transitions. And worked again for the same people, just under a different name of the fleet.

How many “oil patch” companies have a history of blowing up barges, spills, had their fleet largely idled due to multiple COTP orders, had their DOC yanked twice and had about half the fleet get multiple serious maintenance non-conformities by ABS prior to losing DOC.

No Morty is in uncharted waters here, and I am very sure that as of a year ago, BP, Valero, sea river and Shell would not approve BTC to carry their product.

And other than the majors who else is going to charter his big equipment?

Schoonerman. you are obviously pissed at Morty as we all are, Those boats and barges are idle.The men that crewed those vessels were/are good skilled people. Whoever gets those rigs working again gets a tip of my hat. I don’t give a shit what their last name is. Get those rigs underway. Sooner the better.

1 Like