Best (easiest read) book to learn Celestial Nav

I’m looking for a very simple and easy to understand book that will give me a working knowledge of Celestial Nav. Is there a "Celestial Nav For Dummies? hah hah…
I’m guessing you can’t have a super simple book AND really know enough to pass the exam. That said, I’ll settle for an easy book to ease me into it. My goal is to get some of the basics down in order to make the class a bit easier. I’ll do the bulk of the learning when I take the class.

I recall reading a post about an awesome and super easy book but can’t find that post.

Thanks!

The easiest one I’ve seen is the course book from Houston Marine in Kenner, LA. They will sell you the materials without the class and probably take it off the tuition if you attend. I recently bought the stability book (same size) for $106.

It’s a down and dirty basic knowledge book to get you though a test.

Nice photo… Looks familiar

[U]Celestial Navigation for Yachtsmen[/U] by Mary Blewitt

Used it a long time ago and it was a straight forward read. There may be others.

Airborne: A Sentimental Journey
by William F. Buckley Jr.

About this title: On a month-long cruise across the Atlantic on his sailboat Cyrano, Buckley logs daily occurrences and reflections, recalls previous sailing experiences as far back as age 13, and considers his success as a seaman and father. A chapter on how to navigate stands out.

Very good read (the man was a genius), and the celestial part is in very simple, easy to grasp terms.
I was told it’s on the reading list at the Naval Academy.

Celestial in a nutshell

The BookPatch.com. Celestial Navigation author: Alexander F. Hickethier

Practical Celestial Navigation by Susan Howell. Available on Amazon.

Wow so many choices so little time, LOL… Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I’ll research all of those and make a choice.

[QUOTE=seadog!;76627]Airborne: A Sentimental Journey
by William F. Buckley Jr.

About this title: On a month-long cruise across the Atlantic on his sailboat Cyrano, Buckley logs daily occurrences and reflections, recalls previous sailing experiences as far back as age 13, and considers his success as a seaman and father. A chapter on how to navigate stands out.

Thanks Seadog, just ordered it from Amazon for $4.00 delivered, I’ve read a couple of his books, looking forward to this