Behavioral Meds

So Am I the last Mariner out here not on some type of Behavioral Meds? I sign the STCW watch log everyday and under Medication The whole crew checks Yes. I feel left out. I’m I missing something? Granted all are not behavioral meds but there is a growing number of Mariners with Behavioral disorders. You never know when one is going to Flip Out on you.

We had one yesterday flip out because he didn’t have his Meds…

Christ man…not just us on ships but everyone in society these days…

Get on the bus

LMFAO. I need to Get on The Bus…

[QUOTE=Captainmugsy;100327]So Am I the last Mariner out here not on some type of Behavioral Meds? I sign the STCW watch log everyday and under Medication The whole crew checks Yes. I feel left out. I’m I missing something? Granted all are not behavioral meds but there is a growing number of Mariners with Behavioral disorders. You never know when one is going to Flip Out on you.

We had one yesterday flip out because he didn’t have his Meds…[/QUOTE]

Psych meds are a big red flag on the physical exam…

I used to take an antidepressant but those damn things are horrible, awful, and I got off of them. The effing docs want to medicate everything today, including all of life’s normal ups and downs because it is easy money.

You couldn’t make me take those things today even with a gun pressed to my head. No way.

[QUOTE=Captainmugsy;100327]So Am I the last Mariner out here not on some type of Behavioral Meds? I sign the STCW watch log everyday and under Medication The whole crew checks Yes. I feel left out. I’m I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You are sounding a little paranoid… Have you ever considered talking to someone about this? Besides the voices in your head of course. How does it make you feel when you are “left out”? You should mention this on your next USCG physical so that you might get the help you need before something goes terribly wrong.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;100367]You are sounding a little paranoid… Have you ever considered talking to someone about this? Besides the voices in your head of course. How does it make you feel when you are “left out”? You should mention this on your next USCG physical so that you might get the help you need before something goes terribly wrong.[/QUOTE]

Gee Thanks… Never thought I was The Crazy one… That might explain alot…Dr. Easy Money…

Wow at least
This guy is admitting he’s got issues most captains are in denial. Why would the uscg give anyone with masters license who is on anti psychotics. This is a major problem for me and just about every young guy I work with. It is hard to even like my job just a little bit when there is a psychopath at the wheel.

There is a huge difference between a psychopath and someone who suffers from psychosis.

Psychopathy or sociopathy is a personality disorder that generally can’t be treated.

On antidepressants: my experience with them may not be typical, but more people are coming forward to report adverse effects. Most of the SSRIs now carry “black box” warning labels. They had a terrible effect on me and proved very, very hard but not impossible to taper off of.

If any of you reading this are considering meds please research other therapies first. And get a thorough checkup. Depression mimics many other illnesses.

Also look at the website SSRIstories.com.

The Coast Guard has a lot of rules we scratch our head over, but they are right to scrutinize these dangerous drugs.

Oh, I misunderstood perhaps your first comments. I apologize.

You can get off of them, but ideally should work with a doc who understands. If not, there is a lot of info on the web and a good number of books. I would recommend looking up Dr. Peter Breggin. You can also discuss this with your pharmacist. They are very helpful. Good luck!