Wheelhouse condensation

Anyone have trouble with condensation in the wheelhouse with water leaking from the ceiling between the wood? Common ? Hasent snowed in days and no cleans and top of wheel house was cleared after it snowed . Any tips for keeping the windows fog free? I know the winded trick and keep heaters pointed at them but any other tips ?

The old method was to wipe them with crumpled up newspapers.

Crack open a window. The moisture that is condensing is probably coming from the galley and crew quarters. Give it a place to escape.

Newspaper damn might have to starting picking those up again

Use RainX on the inside of the windows. Helps with the fog at least.

I like using Rainex on both sides of the windows. If you don’t have Rainex, a little bit of straight Joy will work.

I would not put either Rainex or Joy on the overhead.

rainx anti fog

I had rain come through the overhead on several supply boats I worked on. They mounted the binnacle right above the forward console with a gap between the binnacle and the house even though there was still a hole there for the periscope to view the mag heading. In any event, if it rained hard there would be a tarp over the console cause everything was electronic. One time it shorted out the console as I was steaming into slip B. Luckily there was nobody else around. I also have reflexes like a cheetah and ran to the aft console to switchover. If you have a fan run it over the windows. I found the rainx on the inside made it hard to keep the window spotlessly clean. Leaves a film.

Windex.

Just spray it on and don’t wipe it off. Just have a towel or such to catch what runs down the windows.

Yeah I do the windex thing it just anyyoing and hard to see , gonna try hat anti fog rainx