What is average salary of a 1st A/E at MSC?

[SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Hello, I am  considering a career shift working for MSC. I see the posted base  salaries for MSC and I realize each ship is unique, but how much can a  1st A/E expect to make average for total compensation?[/SIZE][/SIZE] Is  there a Federal compensation wage limit? Is it still hard to get a  relief? Does the West Coast Fleet pay more than the East Coast? Any   advice? Thanks

A1st will make $200K or more. Many hit the pay cap.

whatever the base salary is you can expect to at least double it with all the OT and extra pay for other stuff.

Wow 200k is great!

For how many days worked?

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;163866]A1st will make $200K or more. Many hit the pay cap.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you are on a ship and hit the pay cap?Thanks

How much is the pay cap and what happens when you reach it?Thanks

270 to 300

Pay cap is set at salary of Vice President of the United States. I believe it is about $230K this year. Once you go over that, your pay goes into a separate account that you get access to the next year. On JHSVs many of the Third Mates and Third AEs are regularly going above the pay cap. Everyone at MSC is paid well.

When do you get to go home and spend it tho?

even us unwashed towboat guys would make that if we worked that many days.

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;164100]Pay cap is set at salary of Vice President of the United States. I believe it is about $230K this year. Once you go over that, your pay goes into a separate account that you get access to the next year. On JHSVs many of the Third Mates and Third AEs are regularly going above the pay cap. Everyone at MSC is paid well.[/QUOTE]

The pay cap is $200K. Some Thirds will get there, not all. The pay at MSC is good, but the home time isn’t. So you could end up the richest man in the graveyard. And let someone else enjoy the reward, which isn’t a bad idea I suppose if all you like to do is sail.

It’s definitely good for the sea time and to buy a house to give to your soon to be ex wife and her boyfriend, usually fully furnished, plus with an SUV in the garage. But for young people, do it for a couple of years, bank the coin and raise the license. It’s not bad.