Is it illegal to support unions?

KID… LOL!! :slight_smile:

What valid questions? You ever owned a company and hired people?

You are acting like the wall street occupiers. Screaming like hell about getting something for free and when it comes around and you realize you have to pay your share all at once it not a good deal.

Geez, what company did that? I’ll keep them on my list of ones to avoid.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;161359]KID… LOL!! :slight_smile:

What valid questions? You ever owned a company and hired people?

You are acting like the wall street occupiers. Screaming like hell about getting something for free and when it comes around and you realize you have to pay your share all at once it not a good deal.[/QUOTE]

As I said, you know nothing of me, who I am and what I am.

In any debate, personal attacks are the hallmark of a person who has nothing intelligent to add and is defeated, signs which you’re showing. I don’t owe it to you to respond, but I certainly owe to the members & readers of this forum to be civilized.

Enjoy your petty, personal & uninformed attacks.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;161352]I think Linda Ronstadt wrong a song about you, it goes like this…[/QUOTE]

you corrected the title of the song but you failed to reread the first sentence again to check for spelling errors there…

sloppy is as sloppy does

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;161353]I have never heard that song can you hum me a few bars? I have heard this other song called “Poor, Poor Pitiful Me”. I guess Joe doesn’t give much to your education fund. It is easier to keep the workers down when they are uneducated.[/QUOTE]

nowhere but in the south is being educated a such a liability…definitely plays into the whole “Man/men” mentality. The way they all call the boss Mister Gary, Mister Shane, Mister Todd, et all is such a perfect case in point for the peons subservience to “the Man”

[QUOTE=AB Murph;161359]KID… LOL!! :)What valid questions? You ever owned a company and hired people?You are acting like the wall street occupiers. Screaming like hell about getting something for free and when it comes around and you realize you have to pay your share all at once it not a good deal.[/QUOTE]One would think that an enlightened jeaux bawss would do something like this… "Times are tight and I regret that I am going to have to cut all mariner’s pay by 12%. I am also cutting the office staff pay by 12%. Additionally, I am cutting my own pay by 15%."I understand that he is under no obligation to do this as jeaux bawss owns the company but it makes the bitter pill a little easier to take. It might also help him keep a few of his “top notch” mariners who have passed the rigorous test of getting a clearance and a TWIC card. jeaux bawss seems to have more of the attitude- “Screw them, if they don’t like it, they can go some place else”. I haven’t seen many enlightened jeaux bawss’s

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;161364]One would think that an enlightened jeaux bawss would do something like this… "Times are tight and I regret that I am going to have to cut all mariner’s pay by 12%. I am also cutting the office staff pay by 12%. Additionally, I am cutting my own pay by 15%."I understand that he is under no obligation to do this as jeaux bawss owns the company but it makes the bitter pill a little easier to take. It might also help him keep a few of his “top notch” mariners who have passed the rigorous test of getting a clearance and a TWIC card. jeaux bawss seems to have more of the attitude- “Screw them, if they don’t like it, they can go some place else”. I haven’t seen many enlightened jeaux bawss’s[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Jeaux considers the TWIC as the end all, be all hallmark of quality! Well, that’s until reading this nonsense, now he’s going to have a chat with his HR dept…gonna shitcan the perverts and wife beaters monday.

Tell me Jeaux, have you cut any office workers pay? Afterall, you can’t cut your own (seperate bank accounts) but you sure as hell can cut any of your worker bees, not just boat trash. How about moving all the office folks to part-time, that way you don’t have to offer any of those fancy benefits.

How’s OMSA any better than a union? You lobby the CG for bullshit licenses and crewing, and the list goes on. Mariners and the public in general could argue that OMSA just complicates matters by creating an inferior workforce, bullshit-tonnage vessels, dodging pilotage issues, the list goes on. Why not deal directly with companies and the gummint, without your association to hide behind?

How do you know I have not done these things?

I’m sorry that I’m still confused on why protecting the company is a hard concept to grasp? The company is the goose not me or any other employee. We must all do our part and keep the company solvent for all of us to keep getting paid. It sounds as if you will not be happy until I go vessel to vessel and pass out large wads of cash. You get a paycheck and a myriad of good benefits. I believe the total compensation is more than fair. If you want more pay or different benefits you can go work for a competitor if you feel. I suppose if you want to organize you could try. From what I have seen here I don’t know how any large group of you could get together and agree on anything. Let’s say you’ve all organized and we cannot come to an agreement then what happens? All of you to a man walk off the vessels? What is it that Gulf Mariners aren’t getting that they wish they had so badly?

not TWIC card but TWIX…chocolate coating over crispy wafers…AHHHHH!

Tell me Jeaux, have you cut any office workers pay? Afterall, you can’t cut your own (separate bank accounts) but you sure as hell can cut any of your worker bees, not just boat trash. How about moving all the office folks to part-time, that way you don’t have to offer any of those fancy benefits.

This character ain’t no Bawss at all unless he is Bawss Hawg

How’s OMSA any better than a union? You lobby the CG for bullshit licenses and crewing, and the list goes on. Mariners and the public in general could argue that OMSA just complicates matters by creating an inferior workforce, bullshit-tonnage vessels, dodging pilotage issues, the list goes on. Why not deal directly with companies and the gummint, without your association to hide behind?

OMSA is the poster child for how business perverts the regulatory system purely to its favor. I know of no time at all where the USCG has hold OMSA to palm sand and take a hike with their demands. Of course, virtually every one of those demands in one way or the other disenfranchises or somehow is on the back of the GoM mariners. But try to say something negative about the Bawss with his powerful trade association and hear how they howl!

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161369]How do you know I have not done these things?I’m sorry that I’m still confused on why protecting the company is a hard concept to grasp? The company is the goose not me or any other employee. We must all do our part and keep the company solvent for all of us to keep getting paid. It sounds as if you will not be happy until I go vessel to vessel and pass out large wads of cash. You get a paycheck and a myriad of good benefits. I believe the total compensation is more than fair. If you want more pay or different benefits you can go work for a competitor if you feel. I suppose if you want to organize you could try. From what I have seen here I don’t know how any large group of you could get together and agree on anything. Let’s say you’ve all organized and we cannot come to an agreement then what happens? All of you to a man walk off the vessels? What is it that Gulf Mariners aren’t getting that they wish they had so badly?[/QUOTE]You haven’t done these things because your silence on these matters speaks volumes.Your company is made up of mariners, protecting them is protecting your company. Your company provides a service to others. If your employees are not happy, the service suffers. The whole attitude of yours that people can go work for another company is a big part of the problem. It shows a lack of respect for your employees.That might be your goal and it may help keep them down. Yes, they are competitors but there is still the good old boy network among competitors that can make it very difficult to find work. Don’t get me wrong, there is also a ring knockers network. You seem to have some sort of paranoia that equates unions with crew walking off vessels. In 30 years sailing, I have never seen or heard that had happened. I can’t speak to what the GOM mariners aren’t getting but my guess is dignity and respect from Jeaux Bawss’s like you.

“Pot calling the kettle black”? Most definitely.

[QUOTE=That One Guy;161373]“Pot calling the kettle black”? Most definitely.[/QUOTE]You mean like this…[QUOTE=That One Guy;160211]Any protests by the Leftwing Seattle Hippie crowd will most likely be only passive aggressive. They lack the energy or fortitude for violence due to their vegan/vegetarian diets.[/QUOTE]Most of those who post here frequently are guilty of this, including me. We all should try to exercise a little restraint.

stop falling for this clown’s line that he is a vessel owner…if he was he wouldn’t be here trying to convince us “boat trash” what a stand up guy he is. Real bosses don’t give a SHIT whether their “boat trash” mariners think they are stand up guys or not. They are the bosses and don’t CARE!

he (she) is a troll, I think we all know it. I wonder who though…

I want more than the usual shit sandwich I want shit steak and shit lobsters also. I want to be paid a full day the day before crewchange because I’m thinking about the boat. I don’t want to drive my car the 5 hours to get to Fourchon. I want a limo no wait a hummerzine to drive me right to the gangway. I believe the tug guys get door to door and I want that to. If that’s not agreeable then I want Gravedigger so I have the raddest truck in the parking lot. I want a job no matter what if the company goes out of business I want a $10,000,000 insurance policy that pays if you go under. The union guys get that right? If the market is in a bust cycle I want you to sell everything you own to keep all employees paid with full benefits. I want you to even cash in your kids college funds also. That’s more than fair. When you come to the boat I’m tired of licking the mud off your boots. I want it in the contract that you will put on boot covers prior to my bootlicking. I want seniority to be based on the amount of non hunting season camouflage clothing items you own. I want a gold spit cup with the company logo to spit my skoal into…

Dammit guys I’m running out of demands someone help me. What else do you union guys get that I’m supposed to covet?

I’d start with making sure you can get proper bread for the shit sandwich, those who are gluten free may Have an issue with joe’s standard issue Texas toast.

[QUOTE=c.captain;161375]stop falling for this clown’s line that he is a vessel owner…if he was he wouldn’t be here trying to convince us “boat trash” what a stand up guy he is. Real bosses don’t give a SHIT whether their “boat trash” mariners think they are stand up guys or not. They are the bosses and don’t CARE![/QUOTE]Oh he is a vessel owner alright…

Well played. I agree.

Sir this is of great interest to me since I was informed of this forum. You appear to be a primary instigator of discord on every topic discussed here. I most certainly do not think of any mariner as boat trash. What is your legitimate gripe with working in the OSV industry? Have you ever worked for any major OSV company? I doubt it based on your poor attitude displayed here. I’m most certain you are as brusk in person as you come off here.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161378]I want more than the usual shit sandwich I want shit steak and shit lobsters also. I want to be paid a full day the day before crewchange because I’m thinking about the boat. I don’t want to drive my car the 5 hours to get to Fourchon. I want a limo no wait a hummerzine to drive me right to the gangway. I believe the tug guys get door to door and I want that to. If that’s not agreeable then I want Gravedigger so I have the raddest truck in the parking lot. I want a job no matter what if the company goes out of business I want a $10,000,000 insurance policy that pays if you go under. The union guys get that right? If the market is in a bust cycle I want you to sell everything you own to keep all employees paid with full benefits. I want you to even cash in your kids college funds also. That’s more than fair. When you come to the boat I’m tired of licking the mud off your boots. I want it in the contract that you will put on boot covers prior to my bootlicking. I want seniority to be based on the amount of non hunting season camouflage clothing items you own. I want a gold spit cup with the company logo to spit my skoal into…

Dammit guys I’m running out of demands someone help me. What else do you union guys get that I’m supposed to covet?[/QUOTE]

I want the concept of officer (be it mate or engineer) and carrying around a spit/dip cup while on watch to be mutually exclusive. So, as much as your “gold spit cup with the company logo to spit my skoal into…” maybe a joke, it speaks volumes about the people who work in the industry and repeatedly let Jeauxx shit all over them.

And I definitely want you to stop using the word “rad.” For god’s sake, you’re already gobbling down the sandwich, pls don’t make it worse.

Dammit I forgot about that! I want gluten free bread for my shit sandwiches along with an all paleo buffet all day everyday. I also want a bitchin camaro with a gun rack in the back with 1 brand new rifle and 1 shotgun. I want you to invent transporter technology so I can just beam back and forth from my house to the boat for watch every 12 hours. Better yet invent cloning technology so I can send it to work in my place.