Trico Marine Whats Up

[QUOTE=capjim;75048]Is that the company that had the supply boat that ran under a platform full speed by the atchayalaya channel and wound up taking it to the dock with them? The state command I think?[/QUOTE]
That was State Boat. The State Brigade if I remember correctly. A year or so later, they hit the same platform again.

I just remember the name,that’s the company my brother started with in early eightys,I think the boats went to alaska and were converted to fishing boats

Ok , some years back I was doing some supply work for that block and went up to a platform to use the phone and they had a picture of it on the back deck.looked good,just like it had been loaded with a crane

It was the State Command and the platform deck was on the top of the bridge and the stack area, that class of vessel had the big center stack behind the bridge. My dad help bring the boat to old Service Marine dock.

You all are making me relive my days as AB and Mate (1000 Tons Freight & Towing, on Oceans) on the Gulf Fleet 32 (Galveston), Bering Seal (seismic off of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland - in the winter!), and numerous Sea Horse boats in the Gulf, then across to Angola, and finally up to Cameroon, where I resigned in early '83. Interesting times.

I remember a company in the Gulf, which might have been State Boats. This company’s boats were white with a yellow diamond on the stack. Diamond Boats?

I remember seeing some of Zapata’s boats back in '79 - there were like pocket battleships compared to Gulf Fleet 32. But they in turn were dwarfed by some Norwegian or German boats I saw on marine railways in Newfoundland in '81.

State command

[ATTACH]3417[/ATTACH]

Since there are a lot of old companies being mentioned here. Does anyone remember Pelham Marine out of Houma? Believe they had 16 OSV’s in the 165-185ft range. I left them in 85 to go down to AUTEC in the Bahamas. Two years latter one of their old boats was bought by AUTEC and renamed the Range Rover I believe. Not sure what happened to the rest of the fleet. Anyone remember anything on Pelham?

Another company Bengal Marine comes to mind as well out of Morgan City. Bunch of tugs and crew boats? Ugliest boats on the water (purple hulls, gold trim, white super structures) at least until Chouest came around :slight_smile:

Penrod was bought out by Ensco. Technically a drilling thing, but it gave Ensco the two biggest boats in the GOM at the time. The Kodiak I and Kodiak !!. Tidewater still has the K1. Don’t remember it’s new name, but seen it around Fourchon a few times. And of course everyone knows what became of the K2. (Sank while jogging in side seas w/ chain on deck).

The K1 is now the M/V Carl F Thorne.