Sea time calculation for Dynamically Positioned MODU's

[QUOTE=merchant.flyer;129564]Our vessel used to be classed as a barge in the past and then as conventional vessel, however the last modification they did they installed a drill package just so they could say we had the capability thus changing our COI to MODU. I’m currently going through this nightmare of my 12 hour watches being questioned by the Coast Guard for my upgrade. Its pretty frustrating when I see one guy renew getting 1.5 credit, another upgrade, and even yet another get his upgrade to Master the same day I’m on the phone with my evaluator told I can’t get credit. Sounds like a definite grounds for a congressional inquiry to me. After all the entire industry in the Gulf of Mexico stand a two man watch system with 12 hour watches[/QUOTE]

Go get’em tiger!

I worked on a large lift boat that was also classed as a MOU as well as subchapters L and I. The engine room sea time had to have a clause stating generators were operational and engine rooms manned during this time. I will look to see if I can find a old sea time letter to see the exact wording. We have had no one denied sea time with the added clause everyone else (Deck and bridge crew) are getting 1 day for every day 3 days of service.