Maersk fires captain due to harassment case from 2015

If I remember correctly, he was signed on as Second Mate and was witness to harassment of the male cadet as well as being harassed himself.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, I recall now. In my defense didn’t really want to post on this thread. I waited until the situation was in extremis. . :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh I agree that it is a Major Marine Casualty at this point

1 Like

I think that even you can agree that seven years is a mite bit excessive to conduct an investigation regarding an incident that occurred on the bridge with witnesses and within earshot of the VDR.

On the topic of SMS, you can have the greatest SMS book in the world but if it is not enforced or a blind eye is turned at times then it’s really not all that great. You’ve undoubtedly gotten enough experience dealing with PSC and various regulatory bodies to know a written rule can be interpreted differently depending on who is reading it.

And this is hardly an issue endemic to US ships; the victims happen to have a pretty big platform in which to make themselves heard.

And since you love links, here’s one for your perusal: Sea no evil: the life of a modern sailor - Telegraph

1 Like

Alias Luisd75.
I am not sure i shall continue on this thread as I have screwed it up hugely by confusing this two distinct cases .I am sorry , mea culpa , I should have read all the threads and I did not and have drawn misleading conclusions basis scanty information.

Shit happens and even if i pulled the argument , that “METOO” is an all encompassing, all inclusive movement applying to young woman and man and ask You to replace “she” with “he” in my comments claiming it makes sense , then I would make myself even greater idiot.
As some wisely put it it is a “major marine casualty” . Finito de la musica and I must eat my own shit due to lack of diligence .

It appears so in some maritime news joints and i do not follow other news regarding maritime issues and/or industry. However I saw some references/comments alleging the existence of " rape culture " but have no opinion of my own.

On other issues i have not further comments , which i believe will be most welcome by moderators and community.

Thx for the link.
Cheers