Getting back to work

Another tug company called. $300 a day for AB with no PIC. 28-14. As soon as my paperwork comes in I will go for it. Hopefully it doesn’t get tied up in medical.

The physical went fine but I did have to check a few boxes on head injury and past memory loss. I will now find out if the CG reviewers accept the Doctors “Recommended Competent” or if they will want more info.

“Your application is being screened by the Medical Evaluation Division of the National Maritime Center. This screening process is performed in order to ensure your USCG 719K Merchant Mariner Physical Examination Form has been completed appropriately and contains enough information for us to begin your full Medical Evaluation. During this process, you and/or your physician may be requested to submit information missing from or to clarify medical information noted on the physical examination.”

Is this normal with the new system or am I getting special attention? This is my 4th or 5th renewal.

I really don’t know, but I have a friend who had similar sounding injuries. He got his license back and is running a boat.

Just make sure that you and your doctors cooperate with the process.

I received the same email prior to my last test and apparently it’s standard with the new system for everyone to get that email. No worries, just the coasties wasting more time as usual.

Credential Status AWAITING INFO BSMED
Transaction Type RENEWAL
Status Information Amplifying information is required to begin the medical evaluation process of your application. A letter detailing the information requested will be mailed from the National Maritime Center to your address of record.

I checked on line and found this dated August 8th. I have not yet received a letter. Another tug company called today to see if I had my paper work straightened out yet.

I had the Cg resend the letter. It turns out they will not take any medical paperwork I have that is older than 12 months. That means that all the cat scans and MRI’s and neurology stuff I have that says I am fine won’t work. I have to go back and have a neurologist rubber stamp it. This is really dragging out. The soonest they can see me is November.

Be careful when you fill out the medical form, if you check the box it will hold things up. I started the process in July and now hope to have it done by January.

I have finally cleared medical. I applied for renewal in July, the last 4 months delay has been due to me getting the medical paperwork requested by NMC.

At least now I can use my AB Unlimited.

Now I just need to go though with the upgrade to 500ton Master/ 1600ton MAte Great Lakes and QMED.

I am considering MPI, Mitags or even GLMA to make it easier as the VA will pay for most of it.

I am excited to get back to work, but, I don’t want to be cleaning bilges or moping hallways two years from now. So I need to get upgraded and maybe get my foot in the door somewhere.

Life is Good