Didn't you love some of the old timers we worked with

[QUOTE=Kingrobby;102187]That kinda sounds like a guy I worked with on the EOT Spar. Was a great guy.[/QUOTE]
He retired from the SIU around the turn of the century.

Has anyone work or know old meba man JOHN DUNCAN out tampa florida he was one of the most interesting person i have ever met on ship full of crazy ass old sea story funny as hell.

Has any one ever sail with old meba guy name john duncan out tampa florida he is on of the most interesting people i have meet full crazy stories funny joke .

[QUOTE=easy come easy go;116472]Has any one ever sail with old meba guy name john duncan out tampa florida he is on of the most interesting people i have meet full crazy stories funny joke .[/QUOTE]

I have met him before and remember him for some reason. Maybe out in the LA MEBA hall in the late 90s.

I was First during Gulf War 1 and had just found out that the entire “B” team Engine dept was green to these ships and was coming on during our next time in Dubai except the Chief and I. Whining to the Chief l like I did as a youngster. The Chief just looked at me and said “use this opportunity to sharpen your skills”. I don’t remember many of the words of wisdom I have heard over the years but that was one that stuck and was passed on to every young man who knew more than he realized and needed a little encouragement.

From the newly retired chief.

Fk fk st a tits b***s!
We asked if something was wrong…nope

Another one said this, this summer to the Oiler and I

I do not mind ye lads bringing girls down in the engine or engine controlroom for some…youthful explorations…Just slap the work in progress sign up, switch to manned engine, and restock the condoms in the first aid kit…Just know, if the alarm goes off…I give you 15 seconds to get dressed…for when I barge in, I could care less for your albino asses being shed to public view…I expect, and you will work naked if it is necessary!

That was after catching the oiler…‘spelunking’

I remember one second engineer coming down into the engine room with his tighty whiteys and boots on (thats it) one night to help out when the voltage regulator burned up on a T-2 tanker Texaco operated. He switched the voltage regulator to manual and went back up when the lights came back on and said it had happened before. Then Port Arthur electric came aboard, laid rubber mats across the buss bars laid on top of them and changed out the burnt up regulator with a live 450 volt buss from the other generator. Safety First. I wonder if they filled out a JHA for that one back in 1987?

yes we did but did not have all the paper work like we go now lol