Celestial navigation question

[QUOTE=stevefoster;19286]Or you can purchase the Sharp Celesticomp V Pocket Computer and it does it all for you…wish I could have used mine on the Oceans test…[/QUOTE]

Or you can wait for gCaptain’s celestial program for the iPhone… which will come out after our more basic gCalc terrestrial calculator is launched… which should be in the iTunes store by Christmas :wink:

That is, of course, [I]IF[/I] the terrestrial calculator meets our sales goal (hint, hint) and our primary investor (Doug Pine) remains happy.

Is there a discount for some of the older gCaptain members???

[quote=john;19328]Or you can wait for gCaptain’s celestial program for the iPhone… which will come out after our more basic gCalc terrestrial calculator is launched… which should be in the iTunes store by Christmas :wink:

That is, of course, [I]IF[/I] the terrestrial calculator meets our sales goal (hint, hint) and our primary investor (Doug Pine) remains happy.[/quote]

Has anybody used any Starpilot products? The Starpilot 89T and the Starpilot 200V look interesting…

have the software…only used it on the “kitchen table”…have yet to try it offshore.

Unfortunately Apple doesn’t allow coupon codes (or anything similar) but we are trying to work something out.

Steve, the starpath stuff is good except that the user interface of the TI calculators is not too friendly. There are also a number of minor annoyances that we are trying to fix in our calculator (like decimal OR degree inputs).

[quote=john;19410]Unfortunately Apple doesn’t allow coupon codes (or anything similar) but we are trying to work something out.

Steve, the starpath stuff is good except that the user interface of the TI calculators is not too friendly. There are also a number of minor annoyances that we are trying to fix in our calculator (like decimal OR degree inputs).[/quote]

With 5 pages of applications, it would be nice to have an application that categorizes applications. Like a tab for “games”, “navigation”,“work” etc…
You can already drag,drop, and arrange - why not in a folder, or another tab that you can drop applications in?

I hope gcaptain’s application come out soon because I know apple will pull the plug on “me” in the application store because I’m sticking with the 3.0 software and refuse to update to 3.1 (for unspecified reasons). It’s just a matter of time. In the mean time, I’m sticking with the “Boston Bartender Guide” as my favorite.

is there any cel nav software for the blackberry?

[QUOTE=stevefoster;19289]Now that your ask, I really don’t know if they still sell it or not…mine still works great except that it has always been consistantly .2nm off on sunlines. I have not seen one advertised in a while. I am hoping they still sell them as the almanac on mine only goes to 2011.[/QUOTE]

If you know anyone who is looking for a Celesticomp V, I have one “like new” with manual for sale. I can be reached at wddogger@gmail.com