Any funny MSC stories out there

I remember the chief engineer’s name at MSCPAC who was such an asshole everyone in the office had a party when he died. It was Marcel Fox. He sounds like “Golf Balls” illegitimate engineering brother. One time he thought he screwed me by assigning me to a ship heading out to the Indian Ocean for a 4 month MODLOC (doing boxes off the mouth of the Persian Gulf) with no port time. Some old timer told me to get an unfit for a week til the ship sailed then come back in to the office. It worked like a champ. The dickhead set me to Subic on a ship which went to: 3 weeks in Subic, 1 week in Thailand, 3 days in Tioman Island Malaysia, Singapore for 10 days, Yokosuka, Japan 1 week, Sasebo for another week, then back to Subic for a week where I resigned from MSC.

One engineer and his junior engineer slipped a deaf hooker from Subic on board an oiler (ship) which was going out to sea for three days to clean tanks for a yard period. One guy swam out to the ship with this deaf hooker on his back and the other guy pulled her on board with a rope. She cleaned their tanks for 3 days. The gangway watch was surprised when she sashayed ashore.

The same engineer brought a date on board a cable layer in Gander, Newfoundland and boffed her behind the switchboard.

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;83091]I remember the chief engineer’s name at MSCPAC who was such an asshole everyone in the office had a party when he died. It was Marcel Fox. He sounds like “Golf Balls” illegitimate engineering brother. One time he thought he screwed me by assigning me to a ship heading out to the Indian Ocean for a 4 month MODLOC (doing boxes off the mouth of the Persian Gulf) with no port time. Some old timer told me to get an unfit for a week til the ship sailed then come back in to the office. It worked like a champ. The dickhead set me to Subic on a ship which went to: 3 weeks in Subic, 1 week in Thailand, 3 days in Tioman Island Malaysia, Singapore for 10 days, Yokosuka, Japan 1 week, Sasebo for another week, then back to Subic for a week where I resigned from MSC.

One engineer and his junior engineer slipped a deaf hooker from Subic on board an oiler (ship) which was going out to sea for three days to clean tanks for a yard period. One guy swam out to the ship with this deaf hooker on his back and the other guy pulled her on board with a rope. She cleaned their tanks for 3 days. The gangway watch was surprised when she sashayed ashore.

The same engineer brought a date on board a cable layer in Gander, Newfoundland and boffed her behind the switchboard.[/QUOTE]

That’s how I remember MSC.
Thanks
As I posted, I sailed with some interesting ship mates in MSC.
You were West Coast, I suppose you never heard of Crazy Eddie, the spare parts keeper.
I do recall Marcel Fox being talked about. How could one ever forget THAT name.
When I sailed with MSC there were a few ship mates who went back to “Army Transport” days. Those folks really had some stories.
All in all, I’m honored to have been a small part of MSC…

[QUOTE=seadog6608;82138] I learned recently of the passing of another MSC great. Ingolf Rode. Otherwise known as Tiny. Tiny was a giant of a man, both in stature and in humanity. He wasone of the kindest, smartest, wisest people I have ever met. I am saddened beyond all comprehension at his passing.
[/QUOTE]

Ingolf Rode.

Now, there’s a name I thought I might never read of or hear again.

Tiny and I were watch partners on the USNS WYMAN back in '86. Tiny, the Good Samaritan, that took a young ordinary under his wing and taught me for the first time how to splice almost anything you’d find in a well stocked bosn’s locker.

I remember he also had a brother that sailed with the MM&P too.

Smooth sailing Tiny…

[QUOTE=capnfab;84994]Ingolf Rode.

Now, there’s a name I thought I might never read of or hear again.

Tiny and I were watch partners on the USNS WYMAN back in '86. Tiny, the Good Samaritan, that took a young ordinary under his wing and taught me for the first time how to splice almost anything you’d find in a well stocked bosn’s locker.

I remember he also had a brother that sailed with the MM&P too.

Smooth sailing Tiny…[/QUOTE]

THAT is so nice, thank you.