Worthless Extremist Training

No. Just lazy. :smile:

Yes you are wrong.

Wrong on what?

Click on your avatar pic in the post. It brings up what is being replied to.

2 Likes

I tried reading that, but the denseness of the fog speak made it pretty hard to grasp. This one jumped out at me:

Can you think of such an organization? How about a really big one? :roll_eyes:

Yeah, I get that this was written by someone who has a hard time expressing himself succinctly, or perhaps chooses not to, and that it shouldn’t be taken anywhere out of context (which one?) However, it is all so broad as to be useless. For example, this could well be applied to service branch elitism:

What utter drivel. It would be perfectly ridiculous if it wasn’t for the Orwellian undertones.

2 Likes

The correct text is:
Service members must reject active participation in organizations that advance supremacist or extremist ideology, which includes those that advance, encourage, or advocate illegal discrimination based on race, creed, color, sex, religion, ethnicity, or national origin, or those that advance, encourage, or advocate the use of force, violence, or criminal activity or otherwise advance efforts to deprive individuals of their civil rights. (DoDI 1325.06, Encl. 3, para 8.b.)

The issue is that it is not impartial, it is formed to only address a certain racial group, not all groups who are involved in extremist views. That’s blatant bias right there, masked as a “we are all one…Feelz”.

Don’t agree, watch your career progression light go Red. It’s a threat, pure and simple, to agree with an agenda or be removed…comrade.

Pravda.

3 Likes

Where is your proof that the training addresses only a certain racial group? Coastal Trader provided a link to the teaching material. Read. Where does it address only “a certain racial group”?

Proof?

2 Likes

I’m not responsible for your interpretation of it.
If you are unable to see where this agenda came from and how “woke” this is, I can’t help you.

4 Likes

A military that can be trusted to take orders and not take on armed “side projects” in its off duty hours is basic and nonpartisan. The American professional standing military is a very powerful and somewhat unique organization and keeping it under reliable civilian control is essential to the continuation of the country as we know it. A reliable military with minimal domestic political involvement isn’t some “woke racial agenda”, it’s a core pillar of the postwar American project.

5 Likes

6-9 months ago we had hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, neighbors etc of US service personnel in the streets demanding change. Police precincts were overran & abandoned by law enforcement officers fleeing for their lives. In Minneapolis alone, 1 city, experienced 1 billion dollars in damages, stores were burned & looted coast to coast. Molotov cocktails were tossed on the streets of NYC. Blocks of major metropolitan American cities were taken over by mobs that said they were no longer a part of the USA. A US Federal Courthouse was under siege for over 120 days & the citizens/government’s business wasn’t conducted. Dozens of police officers were ambushed & murdered just because they took an oath to protect & serve.

Was anti-extremist training needed & mandated then for military contractors, MSC mariners & military personnel? Hell no! If the powers that be then suggested & required anti-extremist training then the leftists would have flipped over backwards in shock & protest. The leftists on this forum would have been outraged & screamed, “Racism”. The death toll & damage cost would have been doubled. But now since the leftists are in control, who cares? We don’t need people who sworn an oath, passed a background check & put on a uniform asking questions about how leftists run things. Time to pull out the trusty leftist handbook that’s been effective since Lenin’s day at keeping uniform wearers in line.

6 Likes

The extremist problem in the U.S. has been known about at least since 2009.

This rebranded alt-right extremist movement has the ultimate goal to disrupt civil society, undermine government institutions and pick which laws — if any — they will abide by, and what supposed “justice” they will administer on their own authority.

1 Like

Treating extremism as a politically weighted issue (as in focusing on the various right-wing militias while ignoring Antifa and their ilk) is extremely destructive to the effort of dealing with it. The problem is that if people percieve a political bias, moderates on the “wrong” end of the spectrum will refuse to get with the program, no matter how correct their perception may be. If you want confirmation of that notion, look no further than this thread.

Using only right-wing examples in the training materials for the extremist training was probably a poor choice.

10 Likes

What are you referring to? Where are the references to only right wing organizations?

The text heavily references neo-nazism, white supremacy, gender- and religious discrimination, etc. While not strictly aligned with the classical left-right axis in political theory, those issues are closely associated with right-wing extremism, at least in the US. If there were any references to extremist ideologies prevalent on the left wing, I missed them.

2 Likes

Wanna provide some citations to support that claim?

The most violent and lethal event in the past 6 to 9 months was the attempted coup to overthrow the US government.That insurrection was fomented by Republican party fanatics lead by a loser candidate and his cabal.

5 Likes

Can’t really attest to the effectiveness of the training. My point is this issue is something that has been well documented for over 20 years.

The training material cites four cases in 2019, verified by the FBI, where service members were involved with Neo-nazi groups, and were organizing weapons, or planning to organize weapons, to further their agendas.

My question to those who think the training material is one-sided is this: Why don’t you come up with four documented cases of similar activity of military members identifying with “left wing groups” and collecting/planning to collect weapons to cause chaos, publish them here, and pass them onto the DOD for inclusion in the training material?

Otherwise, the perception is that there are no similar “left wing cases”, and also perhaps that your are cool with Neo-Nazis in the military planning destruction. I’m not saying you are. But if you don’t do the diligence, you’re left open to perception.

2 Likes

I already provided a YouTube clip of a man who said he supported BLM walking up & unloading a magazine point blank into a freaking police car? Last year there were scores of law enforcement officers attacked during the leftist BLM/ANTIFA movement. Go ahead & pretend you didn’t hear anything about it or use the selective memory lose excuse but I don’t believe your charade.

Furthermore, I haven’t heard a single conservative leaning person, mariner, coworker or person on this forum make any excuses for the rioters on Jan 6th. If your protest turns into a riot where police are attacked, buildings are burned & stores are looted & you stick around then you aren’t a protester anymore IMO, you are then a rioter, a criminal. But when a US Federal Courthouse & law enforcement officers were under attack for over 100 days the liberals on this forum start a, “What you you really need to know about Portland” thread to sugarcoat the violent assaults & cherry pick people standing in the very back & claim they are just exercising democracy. The only people I’ve seen on this forum to make excuses & use the selective memory loss defense to defend extremism have been lefties.

From the ABC News Article: June 2020

“In the wake of George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police in late May, tremendous scrutiny was placed on policing with peaceful protests broadly calling for reform. But accompanying that was a rise in an anti-police sentiment that, experts say, manifested itself in attacks on officers, patrol vehicles and precinct stationhouses, leaving cops around the country feeling under siege.”

“Seven of the U.S. officers killed this year were ambushed, according to the FBI data, including…”

2 Likes

This is true, lots of attempts to change the subject however. Big dose of Whataboutism

5 Likes